1.    #1  
    So I have my pre hooked up to my work computer's USB port right now with the headset in since I was listening to music. The music is paused and the phone is just sitting there. Suddenly, I hear the notification sound (got an email) come through my phone (not the headset). I go and press the play button on the pre and the music is coming through the headset, not the phone.

Is there a reason the notification sound is not going through the headset? I really want the phone's sounds on so I know when I get a text or call via an audio cue but don't want it echoing throughout the office.
    I believe mine comes through both. While in the car I remember that my phone made the sound and then a split second later there was a beep in my ear. I didn't even think that alerts were supposed to go through the headset and I have yet to find any options to change that.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I believe mine comes through both. While in the car I remember that my phone made the sound and then a split second later there was a beep in my ear. I didn't even think that alerts were supposed to go through the headset and I have yet to find any options to change that.
    Interesting, maybe it did go through both but I didn't have the headset on to notice.

Do call ringers do the same thing or is it only notifications that come through both output sources?