Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihan View Post
    Since Verizon is getting the Pre in January, I'm just going to stick it out for a few months while Palm works all the bugs out, then get the phone I want on the carrier I prefer.
    Go with Sprint and get it now man! I did and I'm not looking back. No regrets.
    Accessories that I'm using with my Pre
    -Palm Leather Slip Case for Pre
    -Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth Headset
    -Touchstone Charging Kit
    -2nd Touchstone Dock (for office)
    -2 International Travel Chargers
    -2nd Palm Battery
    -Palm Spare Battery Charger
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    I am not sure about this

My BB curve was and is still crippled.

So..

Ditto on the 8830. vzw cripples devices.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Even if VZW were to leave smartphones relatively unmolested, I don't seem them abandoning the philosophy that comples them to disable file transfer on phones in order to force people to send pics as messages at 10 a pop.

Ever hear the parable about the monkey with a fistful of nuts stuck in a jar?

Joe
    I switched from verizon to sprint and so far its been well worth it. Cheaper bill on sprint with more features. Plus I get an employee discount on top of that. The savings I have on the month bill will more than pay for itself.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    I am not sure about this

My BB curve was and is still crippled.

So..
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but besides the GPS (which they have subsequently unlocked) what has Verizon crippled on the 8330?

I can run any app I want on it, change the theme, pretty much do anything I want.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had been with Verizon since they were Qualcomm when I bought my first "digital" cell phone, maybe 15 years ago? I have always had great coverage and service, made my wife and daughters join the network when they got phones (much to my daughters' dismay, they wanted iPhones). I had 3 different Windows Mobile phones and liked but didn't love them, hacked them routinely. I looked at the Storm when it was announce, was ready to buy one but hesitated (thank God) and got a Curve. I liked it, first BlackBerry, but thought the UI was cumbersome. When the Pre came out, I hesitated for a couple weeks then couldn't wait any longer. I LOVE it. Easy to use, the coverage is good, not great, but I suspect part of that is that I watch it much more closely because everyone talks about it. I have yet to lose a call on Sprint. The final deciding factor is that I am saving about $100 a month. Verizon charged for my minutes, data connection and a special BlackBerry charge. The Pre will pay for itself in a couple months. Now the daughters are mad at me all over again because I forced them onto Verizon and now I have left!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skaeight View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but besides the GPS (which they have subsequently unlocked) what has Verizon crippled on the 8330?

Do they let you use Google Maps and Latitude now?
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    I'm currently with Alltel on their family plan with my mom and dad and besides the lack of smart phone availability, Alltel has been great. As you all probably know, the Verizon merger is happening this month, but as luck would have it, our Alltel contract ended in May so we are pretty wide open as far as options are concerned.

Lately I have been trying to convince my dad to switch to Sprint, but he wants to wait until the merger happens to see if the bill changes at all and basically wants to figure out whether or not we should stay with Verizon. I however, am pretty set on owning a Palm Pre and I have worked out a deal with him where I pay for my data and texting fees and he pays the rest and since Sprint has the cheapest plans out there it only works out for me even more if we switch to Sprint.

So my question is, what are some reasons I can give to convince him that switching to Sprint would be the best move? My dad is an Apple fanatic and I think part of him wants to look at AT&T as an option, but as much as I like the iPhone, I will NOT pay the 50 bucks a month for unlimited data and texts when I can get my own plan with Sprint, a Pre, and pay just 20 bucks more. Staying with Verizon is another option, but their lackluster lineup of phones doesn't really excite me, nor do their prices. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by arkboysooner; 07/12/2009 at 02:15 AM.
    I just loaded Google maps now and it still had to use satellite triangulation to find me.

So on MY BB the gps is still crippled, maybe I missed the memo?

Also you cant transfer MP3 files via bluetooth from other phones or computers. You can only connect to peripheral devices, This I haven't tried in 6 months or so, maybe they unlocked this too, or I missed an update along the line somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Google maps and latitude work. To get true gps you have to use an external bluetooth gps puck (like I said GPS was the only issue, it is unlocked with BB Maps). I have one and it works great. I actually use BB Maps though, it is much better for using while driving.

I haven't tried to transfer an mp3 over bluetooth.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123