Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I find the keypad layout for the Pre not well thought out. Today it occurred to me Palm should do the following:

Move the dial hang-up button which is more like a strip (at the bottom of the keypad) to the TOP of the keypad.

Why? Because when you've already dialed someone and you need to perform a task on the lower portion of the screen (say, switch to speaker phone, mute or enter numbers for a phone tree) it's easy to mistakenly hang-up on the call by hitting the much larger (and adjacent) hang-up button than the smaller options at the bottom of the screen.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am with you on this.
    But occasionally I noticed that it takes to taps to end the call.

So if you mistakenly tap the end first time , nothing will happen.
    But moving out somewhere is better option.
    also the ability to search names from the dialer without opening the keyboard is badly needed.
    why tap to hang up like regular boring people with iphones ? we can just swipe it away to hang up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    why tap to hang up like regular boring people with iphones ? we can just swipe it away to hang up.
    Oh Cool!
    Because it takes two up swipes. Once to put into card view and next to hang up. But I can't say I haven't done it.... Multiple times.... Out of habit from other apps.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Because I'm not talking about hanging up - I'm talking about ending calls when you DON'T want to end them...

Yes, the double tap can be a problem so- Palm should also add a TONE to the hangup button so I know audibly that I have hung up.
    I agree... put a tone to it or make the graphic change right away. Same thing with the "send" button..
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I am with you on this.
    But occasionally I noticed that it takes to taps to end the call.

So if you mistakenly tap the end first time , nothing will happen.
    But moving out somewhere is better option.
    also the ability to search names from the dialer without opening the keyboard is badly needed.
    For those that had the Instinct an incredible feature as well was the zooming down the letters of the contacts quickly. U know what i mean? they had a feature which lets u zoom from the letter A to R in nanosecond without having to actually put in any letters
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hanging up calls has always been touchy with me on touch screen phones. I am all about the touch screen, but I think you should at least have an option of a hard button to hang up a call.

So, what if there were an option to disengage the touch hang up button in favor of the actual nub button in the swipe area? I personally like to know the call has ended (yes, I know it doesn't guarantee it) and think it may be a nice feature. Not a deal breaker either way for me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    Because I'm not talking about hanging up - I'm talking about ending calls when you DON'T want to end them...

Yes, the double tap can be a problem so- Palm should also add a TONE to the hangup button so I know audibly that I have hung up.
    i know when i hang up by hitting the end call button i hear an audible beep.
    I hung up alot of times with people when I didn't mean to. If the hang up button at the top then you can still hang up if you try to click the time to check battery or put the phone in wifi.

The contact picture should get smaller then the hang up button should move up away from the bottom buttons.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    Move the dial hang-up button which is more like a strip (at the bottom of the keypad) to the TOP of the keypad.
    Was I dreaming or did someone already do this? I looked for it on the Pre Dev Wiki but couldn't find it.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Naw, groovy, you got your dreams mixed up - you were dreamin' of the cigar smokin' avatar.