Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    First off, I have a rooted pre with the "hack" to always show message timestamps for each message. It seems like when I am in a limited service area and switch over to roaming, my message timestamps are often 1 hour ahead. Last night I got a text that said "11:30pm..." when it was actually 10:30pm. The drawer label timestamp shows the correct 10:30pm time. I've never had this happen when on a good sprint signal. Looking at this text thread with all these weird timestamps is sure bizarre!

Anybody else experience anything like this?
    I'm experiencing this exact same issue when I'm on roaming. Glad to see I'm not the only one!
    Lemme guess, you both roam on Alltel? Common issue, not related to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    I'm not aware that Alltel is even in my area. I live in Memphis, TN. I just assumed it was Verizon. Is there a way to know for sure?
    When roaming, dial a wrong number, and listen to the error message.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    we do have alltel around here, that's probably it. so apparently the timestamp comes with the message i'm guessing. would be nice to be able to show the actual received to phone timestamp too which i'm guessing is what the "drawer label" time must be since it's correct.
    When roaming, dial a wrong number, and listen to the error message.
    What would be an example of a wrong number? I tried making up one and I just got the generic "this number has been disconnected, blah, blah". I tried dialing a 901-555-xxxx number and it just gives me silence.
    Alternatively, you could go into the dialer, and dial ##DEBUG#, and report back what the SID is.
    Alternatively, you could go into the dialer, and dial ##DEBUG#, and report back what the SID is.
    SID is 1996. That appears to be Cellular South.