1.    #1  
    One of the things that I really miss about the iphone is the ability to search and download podcasts directly from the phone with no need for a computer.

Does anyone think that this will ever be a possibility on the pre? Or are podcasts, for the most part, only available through itunes?

Just curious what some of you think
    Podcasts will be available I have no doubts, The question is WHEN, all we can do is wait.

Just FYI I had a Windows Mobile 6.1 Phone and it had a Podcast Client, so it's not JUST available through iTunes.

This is one of my most anticipated apps/features
    Last edited by sburlbaw; 07/10/2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: repeated text
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    If you don't have an aversion to enabling ssh and patching the browser to enable downloading (predev.wikidot.com/downloading-from-the-browser) you could easily google for the podcast, and typically download the mp3 from the podcast page. It's not automated, but it would work.

I don't think there's any reason to assume that podcast functionality will not come to the Pre. iTunes doesn't own these podcasts. I listened to them on windows mobile and sansa media players for years before the Pre.
    You can also use Google Reader for both audio and video podcasts.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    I listen to podcasts all the time on the Pre. Find the one you like, or go to your favorite website where podcasts exist and click on the MP3 player. An audio player pops up, you can ff, rewind, pause stop or play the file.

You can wait if you want, but really no need to - functionality is already built in.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeminent View Post
    I listen to podcasts all the time on the Pre. Find the one you like, or go to your favorite website where podcasts exist and click on the MP3 player. An audio player pops up, you can ff, rewind, pause stop or play the file.

You can wait if you want, but really no need to - functionality is already built in.
    The functionality the OP was talking about is not built in. The OP wants to open an app, type a search, and find the podcast.

Google Reader does this though.
    Best solution so far is Podcaster - Stream audio and video podcasts you can search, subscribe and stream all through the browser.

I have it set up on the launcher and have streamed for a week with no hiccups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    The functionality the OP was talking about is not built in. The OP wants to open an app, type a search, and find the podcast.

Google Reader does this though.
    Yeah, I saw the OP's post, and my statement stands. If we want to find something on the internet, what do we do? We search. We google. So google the podcast you want, find it and click the link.