1. zxi
    Hey everyone,
    My phone has been recently shutting off a lot by itself throughout the day!
    Its really annoying, and when I turn it back on it just turns itself off again within 5 minutes

This issue has just started a couple days ago and I had the Pre since it came out on june 6th

Does anyone else have this problem?

Do a forum search for "random shutdowns"....you might need a replacement battery.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moody View Post
    Do a forum search for "random shutdowns"....you might need a replacement battery.
    ...or a small piece of paper.
    What I would do is call Sprint! Or go to the nearest Sprint Store and show them! They might be able to help you out! I have heard of some people getting replacement batteries from the store at no cost!
    Same problem. I have not fixed it, but after remove/re-seat, the battery seems better... I've done that 3 times since June 8.

When annoyed enough, I'll go to store... Don't really want the paper hack (put a piece of paper behind battery to make it tighter...) I've heard that the Sprint techs do some other magic to fix, probably bend pins out slightly - I would NOT recommend doing this yourself... And yes, they could just decide to give you a different battery; something about launch day batteries being a bit too small??

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    take it to sprint they will replace the battery and the problem will be fixed i had the same issue
    I've been having the same issues, went to a Sprint store and they replaced the battery. They said that the battery was not big enough. Did a comparison with the 2 different batteries and the new one looked a bit longer.
  8. zxi
    Ahhh, ok.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll be going to the Sprint store today then to get a replacement battery!

Thanks again!

:-)