Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    So, I was looking at the help videos that come on the phone, and then I realized that they are linked .mp4 (h.264) videos from the Sprint site. (wheels are now turning in my head)

I tried as I might to find a site with mp4 video that I could try out, but my search did not turn up anything. Then today, I remembered a site that I have an account with called sesame vault. They have a universal player that "allows you to publish video in any way, shape, or form you choose." "Yea right", I thought to myself... so I gave it a try.

jamie3d [dot] com/project-112

I still can't post links, and instead of spamming until I reach 10 posts, I'm trying to keep all my posts relevant, so just replace the [dot]

That is a link to my site where I embedded a video using their universal player. Go to that URL on your desktop, it loads a huge video. now go to it on your Pre and it'll give you a little thumbnail that launches the video player and then plays a nice low quality version.

I thought that was pretty dandy! :-)

Does anyone else know of any video sites (not youtube) that provide a "Pre-patible" video format?
    Wow, that is really cool and it works really good on my pre. The only problem is that the lowest monthly fee starts at 49/mo! I wouldn't have any use for it other than for my pre so for me, it's not worth the money.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Yea, the monthly fees and stuff are kind of steep unless you have a busy site, but I use the pay as you go plan $1.49 / GB and that works well for me (for my tiny, underloved, desperately in need of an update, portfolio site).

I'm not suggesting this as a means to get videos onto your Pre, but rather I discovered this in my search for Pre-friendly video formats. It would be a good site to host videos on a blog or professional site though.

The real question I have is: What formats do and don't work on the Pre. I know what is says in the specs, but 9/10 mp4 videos I have tried from around the net just give me a playback error.
    Im pretty sure this forum has a thread that breaks down what the proper formats are for the pre...I have had the same issues, not all mp4's are created equal lol.

I am actually going to try to find that thread right now bc Im sure I also so some good information about the easiest process for converting files to the right spec.
    There is a thread on here with a breakdown of the file format already:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-formats.html

I use cucusoft dvd converter which works perfectly (also it was reviewed as one of teh top 3 dvd converters to use I think by PC Mag). It cost something like $20.00 -$30.00 if you shop around the net. But I have heard other use handbrake to convert videos which is free.

Hit thanks if I helped any. Good luck.