Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Have two phones that developed problems recently. I bought it at a 3rd party store and they're being hardheaded about it. I always thought after 30 days I could go to any sprint store for a warranty repair/exchange, I emailed sprint and they keep saying to go back to the original store. What is the official policy?
    Hmm.. I am not sure of the official policy but I do know typical warranty policies require you to ship the item back to the manufacture. I would suggest that you attempt to add insurance to the phone and go about it that way.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I already have insurance and i'm not paying 2 $100 dollar deductibles for malfunctioning phones at no fault of my own.
    you dont have to...deductibles are for physical damage only
    And according to my local Sprint store if you purchased your handset from some place other than the Sprint store, after the 1st 30 days you go to the corporate Sprint store for warranty work.
    You can also try contacting palm.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    And according to my local Sprint store if you purchased your handset from some place other than the Sprint store, after the 1st 30 days you go to the corporate Sprint store for warranty work.
    Thank you. Can i go to any sprint corporate store or does it have to have a repair center?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Many 3rd party stores don't have the ability to do exchanges after the 30 day mark. Unless they are a repair center they probably can't help you. All corporate stores can do these replacements even if they are not a repair center, though some handle the exchanges better than others.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by MxChino View Post
    Thank you. Can i go to any sprint corporate store or does it have to have a repair center?
    I don't think it matters since the Pre can't be repaired by Sprint.