Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    It only has 256 MB memory on board that is a deal breaker for me,
    256 MB, the Pre has 8 GB of storage what are you talking about?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    256 MB, the Pre has 8 GB of storage what are you talking about?

Rob
    The Blackberry Tour not the Pre.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Whoop, thanks for the correction, I guess I mis-read it. Glad you corrected me so that I don't cause more user confusion.

Rob

PS I have been reading on another thread that people who are installing Homebrew stuff are indeed getting out of memory issues.

I think that the Pre has a set amount of space for installing apps and it does not take advantage of the whole 8GB but limits itself to a small portion.

I wrote a message in that thread asking if it was true and if that was going to cause a problem once all the apps finally do get into the app store?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Thank you, yes I was referring to the Blackberry Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Whoop, thanks for the correction, I guess I mis-read it. Glad you corrected me so that I don't cause more user confusion.

Rob

PS I have been reading on another thread that people who are installing Homebrew stuff are indeed getting out of memory issues.

I think that the Pre has a set amount of space for installing apps and it does not take advantage of the whole 8GB but limits itself to a small portion.

I wrote a message in that thread asking if it was true and if that was going to cause a problem once all the apps finally do get into the app store?
    I think you're confusing the two different types of memory. People running out of memory when using multiple apps at once are running out of ram, which is different than the 8gb of onboard storage where apps, music, data, etc. are stored. It'll be tough to fill up 8gb with apps. People running out of that are generally people putting a lot of media on their Pres.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12