Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Is it just me...? There have been several times where I *know* I've turned the Pre *off* while it's on the touch stone charger, go to bed, only to wake up in the morning to find that the Pre is already awake, presenting my new emails.

What would be turning it back on??

Puzzled,

Randy
    The touchstone, I don't have one but I hear it's pretty impossible to get the thing to stay powered off while on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I use the touchstone and I have not noticed it doing this, does it do this all the time? Have you tried a soft reset?
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    What do you mean by "presenting"? Do you mean that it is showing you the notification or opening your emails in the email app? Is it on the clock screen or the home screen?
    same issue here...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    The phone WILL turn on when placed on the Touchstone to charge. It will usually do so within 10-15 seconds after you place it on the charger.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkk1 View Post
    I use the touchstone and I have not noticed it doing this, does it do this all the time? Have you tried a soft reset?
    Hmm, I believe it occurs pretty much each night... I will start paying more attention.

I did a soft reset last week after installing the latest update. I'll reset again and keep testing...

Randy
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    What do you mean by "presenting"? Do you mean that it is showing you the notification or opening your emails in the email app? Is it on the clock screen or the home screen?
    I meant it's turned back ON and showing the notification on the lock/clock screen...
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I have no proof but I speculate the phone needs to be on to be able to charge through induction.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I have no proof but I speculate the phone needs to be on to be able to charge through induction.
    It should stay in sleep/lock mode on the touchstone. I put mine on it, then turn off the display, it shows the clock/lock, and charges. Does not re-awaken until I pick it up. I haven't tried charging it fully turned off.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    The clock screen is default on the Touchstone. I wake to notifications on the locked clock screen.
    mine will not go to the clock when on the touchstone unless i turn off the power myself...all this started about 20 minutes ago when my phone reset on its on when it hit the desk a little too hard. awesome
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    The Pre will turn on and stay on matter what when placed on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    If the phone is on when you put it on the TS it will stay on. Perhaps when the notifications turns the phone back on, since on the TS it doesn't turn off.
    If my phone is in standby it turns the display on when I place it on the Touchstone. I then have to turn it off by touching the button to turn the screen into clock mode.
    It seems completely normal and possible for the phone to turn itself back on while on the touchstone. Similar to when your phone is out of charge and you put it on the charger - initially you will only see a battery charging symbol on screen; come back 15 minutes later and MAGIC. It's on.

I don't have a touchstone but I would say that this is normal operation.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Here is the fix........after placing on touchstone......then turn it off while its on the touchstone.
    I do not have a Touchstone. If the phone is plugged in and charging, it will turn itself back on even if you try and shut it off. It's been like that since day one.
    Hi, my palm starting turning on and off, does this all day long. Its weird. Its just sitting there, then all of a sudden the screen comes on as if I get a txt message, I'll look and there isn't anything. Goes back off, then a few mins later, its comes back on again. Happens when its plugged in and not plugged. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt79 View Post
    Hi, my palm starting turning on and off, does this all day long. Its weird. Its just sitting there, then all of a sudden the screen comes on as if I get a txt message, I'll look and there isn't anything. Goes back off, then a few mins later, its comes back on again. Happens when its plugged in and not plugged. Any ideas?
    I am experiencing this also. I doctored last weekend after a full erase and it still happens. I haven't figured out a fix for it yet.