Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I currently have facebook and aim pictures for my contacts like most of you guys. In my messaging thread, it pulls the image from facebook usually (or aim, or whatever the primary account's picture is) and puts it at the right of every one of his messages.

    What I am wondering, is if there is a way that I can have MY facebook picture appear on the left of all of my messages. Is there a way I can do this? If not by facebook, is there a way that I can set my picture there through the phone

    I've looked around in the settings and searched the forums but found nothing. Thanks guys
  2. #3  
    If I understand you correctly, you want your picture along with your chat messages? Looking through the stylesheets in "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/" I was able to do this by commenting out "display none" under "my-avatar". messaging_2009-09-07_205700.jpg

    Doesn't look too good :-( Good news is that it appears they do have this feature planned in the future. As the comment says that this has been left out for 1.0.

    But I found this, and this made me laugh. You can find this at the end of "chatview-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$
    "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers"

    Picasa Web Albums - Sarah

    Look down at the bottom and it says " // Every time you call this, somewhere a kitten dies "
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/11/2009 at 06:31 PM.
  3. #4  
    So I'm close, just trying to find how I can push the image up a little.messaging_2009-11-07_192210.jpg
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    So I'm close, just trying to find how I can push the image up a little.messaging_2009-11-07_192210.jpg
    I like that, anyway to move it over to the left?
  5. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    But I found this, and this made me laugh. You can find this at the end of "chatview-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$
    "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers"

    Picasa Web Albums - Sarah

    Look down at the bottom and it says " // Every time you call this, somewhere a kitten dies "
    Cool. You play Guild Wars!
  6. #7  
    love yourself much? hahaha i wouldnt want to see my own face staring back at me on EVERY convo. Pretty cool tho.
    SCK Manager
  7. #8  
    Got it working. Writing up the tutorial now, will have it done probably tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug30 View Post
    I like that, anyway to move it over to the left?
    I'm sure there is, but I'll have to keep playing with it. Maybe someone else will have it figured out. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Cool. You play Guild Wars!
    Yeah, my ign is Lady Lunar Eclipse if you ever want to do an alliance battle.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    love yourself much? hahaha i wouldnt want to see my own face staring back at me on EVERY convo. Pretty cool tho.
    Lol, yeah, I get that. It could be really annoying if you are like me and tend to spam...

    Anyways, I see the need for it too. Helps in differentiating who said what.
  8. #9  
    Wow! That's awesome. thx for working it out.
  9. #10  
    Just wanted to update the thread.

    I fudged it up. While playing around I screwed it up and can not for the life of me get the avatar in the block now. Unfortunately I did not make a back up. :-/

    On a side note, you can change the color of the chat bubbles by editing the .png in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    Just wanted to update the thread.

    I fudged it up. While playing around I screwed it up and can not for the life of me get the avatar in the block now. Unfortunately I did not make a back up. :-/

    On a side note, you can change the color of the chat bubbles by editing the .png in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview
    How about a new thread with instructions for this? And good work on getting the picture up (for the time you had it up haha). If you feel it's cool enough, it'd be great if you worked on it again and got it back up and running
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    How about a new thread with instructions for this? And good work on getting the picture up (for the time you had it up haha). If you feel it's cool enough, it'd be great if you worked on it again and got it back up and running

    I'll come back to it then. *shakes head* such a stupid mistake to make lol.

    Sure, I can write something up for this. I have a few pre-made images I could share.
  12. #13  
    Yes very interested in this!!! Hopefully you will take the time to help everyone out!
  13. #14  
    Just in case anyone is interested this is how you get to where I'm at now with the avatar being slightly below the chatbox. If anyone can get it into the balloon please post how you did it.

    You will need to have your Pre rooted. Also, don't forget to back up everything you touch.

    First step is to type
    Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets
    then

    Code:
    sudo vi messaging.css
    Starting at line 676 you will see this
    Code:
    /* Disabling MY avatar because we are not doing this for 1.0  2008-11-05*/
    .my-chat .avatar-location,
    .my-chat .avatar-overlay,
    .my-chat .avatar-container {
    	display: none;
        width: 40px;
        height: 40px;
    }
    Comment out
    Code:
     /*.my-chat .avatar-overlay,*/
    /*.my-chat .avatar-container*/
    /*display: none;*/
    Now save "SHIFT zz or ESC :qw

    Type:

    Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers
    Code:
    sudo vi chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Scroll down to line 1213 and remove the /'s. Should look like this:

    Code:
     msg.avatar = this.myAvatar || 'images/my-avatar.png';
    Save SHIFT zz or ESC :qw

    Now you need to upload an avatar and find the image location

    In terminal type:

    Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview/
    Code:
    sudo wget (url)
    Code:
    sudo mv (filename of the avatar you just downloaded) my-avatar.png
    Now type

    Code:
    sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

    BTW that will get you this:
    messaging_2009-11-07_192210.jpg


    I've opened a thread for this and changing the color of the chat balloons.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-balloons.html
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/15/2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Adding picture

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions