Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah mine was crazy too, I tried adding up the numbers and it seemed to make sense minus the 18 new phone fee (which I do not remember being charged when I changed to the Mogul years back) Hopefully next month it will be normal, or else there will be a lot of sprint calls.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    unless I wasn't paying attention, at&t did not charge a month ahead of time. it seems really strange to do so, because any overages that show up on the bill with sprint, will be for the month that was already payed. with at&t, the breakdown of data, overages, and monthly rate (all for the same month) was what you were paying for when you sent the check in.

I really don't mind, as long as i get the remainder back if I ever cancel my sprint service... It was just a bit confusing at first.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The rep really is supposed to explain upgrade/activation charges to you before you ever sign the new contract. It's also a good idea on their part to explain the prorated charges and give you a guestimate of your next/first bill since this can save them a lot of time trying to explain it later.
    And mail in rebates generally take 10 weeks to get back.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  4.    #24  
    I sat down with my wife last night and we actually went through it and our last bill and the ones from earlier this year when I made a plan change and they did the same thing and it does makes sense...well it adds up at least. I still don't agree with the upgrade charges though. And I was told when I bought it my 1st bill would be "slightly higher", but somehow being more than double doesn't seem slightly to me. Maybe I'm cheap? The only thing I'm still not sure about is what happens when I cancel? I'm just not sure they are going to send me a check. My bet is they don't actually cancel the service until what I have already paid for expires. I also don't agree with that practice. Isn't that what pre-paid phones are for. I wonder what there reasoning is behind doing this? And it wouldn't have been such a shock if it had been explained correctly in the first place. Oh well, I guess there's nothing I can really do about it other than try to get some of the upgrade fees back.
    upgrade fees are the cost of doing buisness. Some one taking the time to make those changes in the system for you. I know it doesnt sound fair but these fees pay their salaries. You can normally get them waived but that wouldnt be fair for them especially in this economy. They may not get a raise because of this economy.
    In my buisness we bill ahead and if you cancel you get prorate. So if you get a bill for a month of service and you only use 2 weeks of it we only collect that two weeks.
    Jeez Sprints not trying to rape you they have fees for a reason and its to hire good help and when they need to cut cost to satisfy their customers they end up outsourcing there CSR's then the same customers are upset they are talking to some foreigner that reading a script. Its the customers that help kill customer services.
  6.    #26  
    Well CS was no help other than saying that the fees were charged correctly. And they even said that if I cancel when my contract was up, even though I am paying a month ahead, I would not get a check back. They said that they charge a month ahead so that if I do cancel they won't have to bill me again. WTF? Bill me for canceling? I can understand if there were overages and I needed to be billed for that, but they said I wouldn't even get a prorated amount back. Why not if I'm paying in advance? They also said as far as getting any upgrade or activation fees waived I needed to go to the store, the non-corporate, authorized Sprint dealer store where I bought the phones and ask them to waive them??? Is that right? Maybe. I guess I'll try.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkinmonk View Post
    upgrade fees are the cost of doing buisness. Some one taking the time to make those changes in the system for you. I know it doesnt sound fair but these fees pay their salaries.
    Why do I need to pay $18 for something that I could do in 30 seconds? That is rape. I need a job. They can outsource upgrades to me and I'll do it for $5 and I'll make a killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosjoe View Post
    I just purchased 3 Pre's onto my account Only 1 got a device upgrade fee of $18. I just emailed customer service and they removed the fee. They also said since the phone was not available through Telesales they would remove the fee. She also mentioned sometimes the fee might show up on the bill within 1-2 cycles. She made notes on my account if those additional fees show up on my other 2 Pre's

Sprint will almost always waive the activation fee if you call. At one point, a long time ago, the fee was as high as $65!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I called today and was told that some stores were offering waived activation fee, as a promotion. However, there was no Sprint-wide policy on this.

She said that if I didn't want to pay an activation fee, I should be purchased online. I said "the Pre wasn't offered online or telesales, which is why the activation fee should be waived."

She put me on hold for about a minute and applied the credit. No further problems.
    Mine was a little weird also, but lower than it should be (I think). If they're billing for service in June and July, my bill should be over $140 for those two months (Everything Data 450 @ $70/mo), but it came out to $114 after I called in to get the activation fee waived.

I called in, made the lady feel like I was dumbfounded by the activation fee, some awkward silence ensued, and a $28.xx credit was posted to my account
  10.    #30  
    I just got shot down by a second rep. I guess I screwed myself by saying I bought it at a store. They say that when I signed my contract I agreed to pay that, which is true. So if you really want the fees waived I guess use the telesales excuse. But don't try to screw them, corporate America would never try to screw us!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this rep did say that I would get a prorated amount back when or if I canceled. Who knows. Third time a charm?
    Last edited by Pre Diddy; 07/10/2009 at 11:08 AM.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Mine was a little weird also, but lower than it should be (I think). If they're billing for service in June and July, my bill should be over $140 for those two months (Everything Data 450 @ $70/mo), but it came out to $114 after I called in to get the activation fee waived.

I called in, made the lady feel like I was dumbfounded by the activation fee, some awkward silence ensued, and a $28.xx credit was posted to my account
    It wouldn't necessarily be $140. It would depend on how it was prorated, depending on when you either signed up or upgraded. Mine happened to be upgraded 2 days after my cycle ends, so it is like 2 full months I have to pay, plus the upgrade/activation fees.
    just got shot down the first time on waiving the activation fee. Even tried the "its not offered on the telesales" line....I will be calling again later.
    Meh at the upgrade fees. Just say it was never mentioned to you when you signed your contract and all they told you was to initial and sign in a few places. eChat is also easier to work with on these matters. They'll typically do it as a "one time courtesy"
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Did you try calling sprint and having them explain it to you? Seems like the obvious thing to do.
    I emailed Sprint customer service re upgrade activation fee of $18.00. I have been a Sprint customer for several yrs. They replied almost immediately, and said they wold credit me that charge. Very classy, Sprint. Great customer service.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Try going to the store that you got your Pre at. They might be more accomodating than CS on the phone.

I called up CS and they said there wasn't anything they could do. I went back to the store that I got my Pre from and told them that I wasn't told about the upgrade fee at the time I got the phone...without any argument got a $30 credit for the upgrade fee and gas reimbursement for having to come out to the store a second time.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Meh at the upgrade fees. Just say it was never mentioned to you when you signed your contract and all they told you was to initial and sign in a few places. eChat is also easier to work with on these matters. They'll typically do it as a "one time courtesy"
    Good call on the chat. I did it earlier and just told them the 3 charges ($18,$18,$26) were on my bill and they were supposed to have been waived. The girl agreed to waive the two $18 charges but said the activation wasn't usually waived. I just made a good point about waiving it and then was cut off from the session. I started a new session a little while ago just to see if the changes got made. She waived all 3 charges! Success, finally. I also want to add that I've been with Sprint for a few years and have never had a problem with CS. They were helpful, they just weren't telling what I wanted to hear, no fault to them. I just really didn't want to pay those extra $62 in fees. So I guess the moral of the story is, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"
  18.    #38  
    ...and once you succeed, share your knowledge.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    called them they took the charges off, sing in store if you are a member of a credit union no upgrade charge , i just said I was and they took my word for it, charge gone, but now they have credited my bill for $118 not sure why , but not going to say anything. :0)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So everyone is just saying they weren't told about an activation fee and then getting a credit?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast