Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I also have experienced sluggishness... But the most annoying this is when the screen is accidentally touched and the contacts app comes up. Frwaking moat annoying thing about my pre, although minor...
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Just curious if this problem is only me, but how does speed dialing work for everyone? For me then holding down a button on the touchscreen doesn't always register so instead of "speed dialing" I usually end up punching in a name manually to find a number.
    I have the oddest and most annoying bug with the phone app.

For some reason, I can't bring my wife's numbers up in it. If I press the number for the speed dial to her cellphone, she will come up. But if I start typing her first name, nada. And if I start typing her last in the phone app, it comes up with everybody in my family but her.

Meanwhile, typing in either name on the home screen brings her up just fine, and she's right there in Contacts.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rknum View Post
    Slower than a backwards turtle!
    Ha this made me laugh.

But the lag is noticeable. But the solution that has worked for me was to do a quick (lol) restart of the phone.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Reguards problem finding wifes number in contacts. I had a similar problem. It turns out the contact was cross linked with another similar name. I unlinked the contacts and was able to find the correct name.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

For some reason, I can't bring my wife's numbers up in it. If I press the number for the speed dial to her cellphone, she will come up. But if I start typing her first name, nada. And if I start typing her last in the phone app, it comes up with everybody in my family but her.

Meanwhile, typing in either name on the home screen brings her up just fine, and she's right there in Contacts.
    I had something like this happen as well. It turned out that the contact was referenced in another profile (ie they had the same number, but diff area code though!) and when I typed his number it would come up with someone else! I didn't know what was happening until I finally looked at the linked profiles and saw it. I then unlinked the contacts.

I suppose you could give her another contact entry and give her a phony number a la 555-1212 and then see if that comes up in a search. Then copy over the info and delete the original contact. You probably already have tried this.

I think it is something with the Pre/synergy trying to connect like numbers for you, I have seen some funky stuff...though for the most part I must say it works pretty well.

Hope this helps..

DT
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

Maybe your Pre is jealous....

(You start dialing your wife's #)
    (You get a pre notification)
    (It reads)"Who's this numba foo?! I know you're not callin another woman!"
    Phone App F***in Sucks!

Enough said!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234