Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68
  1. dsackr's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #21  
    I have said 100 times - the phone app is the worst part of this phone... I'm with ya...
  2. #22  
    Yeah, mine is slow as hell too, very frustrating at times.
  3. DuStU's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #23  
    Omg I was going to make a post about this today. I am trying to figure out why it is so laggy when you scroll. I use the phone app pretty often so scrolling through missed calls and recieved calls are frustrating. Hopefully this is addressed soon. You know what else I notice too, when you scroll too fast in the contacts or the calls section it has to populate so it reaches a point where there is nothing and then stops scrolling but it isnt the bottom. I think the phone should just cache everything just to improve smoothness. I am sure palm will fix all these issues already
  4. #24  
    Agreed. Slow. Glad I'm not the only one. I'm sure this can be fixed in an update. I mean we do have a 600mhz processor on this beast, I could run Half-Life @ 1280x1024 with that mother (well, I use to run in at that when it came out!!)

    I'm really getting frustrated with it though, super cereal...
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
  5. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    agreed. should of been fixed in 1.01 (or working in 1.00!)
    it's should have, not should of
  6. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #26  
    The phone speed is slow but tolerable. But when it comes to answering calls then the Pre seems to barely be able to pick up in time. With nothing running it barely registers the call. But if I'm "multitasking" then many times I'll miss the call completely, or worse, I'll answer "Hello. Hello? HELLO? What the %$#^. God damn phone" and then their voice will finally kick in saying that they've been on the line the whole time.

    Obviously it's humorous around friends, but I absolutely would not use this as my business line because I need a phone that has mastered the act of receiving a phone call. And even with daily reboots (Orange+SYM+R) the Pre is too slow to handle that task.



    And while I'm crying like a baby about phone functions:

    - "Missed Call" notification SHOULD NOT automatically dial the person back. Sometimes it triggers when trying to dismiss the banner, and other times it just calls back when you're trying to figure out who that number is.

    - Dial/Hang Up button is slow. You click the green dial button and it seems like nothing is happening. Then you click again and it goes from green-red-green real quick because the call actually did go through and now you just hung up on them.

    - Bringing up keypad should be faster (or default). I've missed tons of prompts because the thing takes too long to switch on.

    Anyway, I know these can be fixed but it's been 2 months and it hasn't yet. Thats disappointing.
  7. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #27  
    AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! SORRY...JUST FRUSTERATED AND NEEDED TO YELL!! I think Sprint is starting to wash thier responsibility of this crap on everyone and everything else. No wonder their LOOSING so many costomers!
  8. #28  
    seems more noticeable since the update imho kinda drives me crazy recently but thats life all phones have their issues, i am certain that it will be fixed soon enough. two months and we are where we are with this phone and a brand new platform..im satisfied. People seem to forget that we were the ones chewin sprint *** about when the phone would be available and they didnt want to release it until they were pretty confident of it.
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

    galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The phone speed is slow but tolerable. But when it comes to answering calls then the Pre seems to barely be able to pick up in time. With nothing running it barely registers the call. But if I'm "multitasking" then many times I'll miss the call completely, or worse, I'll answer "Hello. Hello? HELLO? What the %$#^. God damn phone" and then their voice will finally kick in saying that they've been on the line the whole time.

    Obviously it's humorous around friends, but I absolutely would not use this as my business line because I need a phone that has mastered the act of receiving a phone call. And even with daily reboots (Orange+SYM+R) the Pre is too slow to handle that task.



    And while I'm crying like a baby about phone functions:

    - "Missed Call" notification SHOULD NOT automatically dial the person back. Sometimes it triggers when trying to dismiss the banner, and other times it just calls back when you're trying to figure out who that number is.

    - Dial/Hang Up button is slow. You click the green dial button and it seems like nothing is happening. Then you click again and it goes from green-red-green real quick because the call actually did go through and now you just hung up on them.

    - Bringing up keypad should be faster (or default). I've missed tons of prompts because the thing takes too long to switch on.

    Anyway, I know these can be fixed but it's been 2 months and it hasn't yet. Thats disappointing.
    I already thanked you, but THIS x 1,000,000.

    The phone app on the Pre is indeed the worst app that ships with the device, and it is unacceptable to still be in this state after FIVE firmware updates.
  10. #30  
    They need to update the OS quick, the sluggishness is unacceptable.
  11. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #31  
    Another thing about the Phone app. When dialing with the headphones on then why do the buttons make noise through the speaker?

    The touchtone seems to be significantly louder than anything else and since I had the buds in I had no idea I've been dialing that loud until someone nudged me and told me to shut the hell up. (I don't blame him, I was putting in a mile long credit card number)
  12. #32  
    This is definitely a great topic. I have been complaining about the phone app for so long (to myself and I think on one or two threads I started). My biggest complaint is the damn scrolling through recent numbers dialed and received. I can't believe how choppy scrolling is! Email scrolling is so smooth! Why can't the phone app work like email?

    Also, has anyone else noticed that if you keep on scrolling and scrolling and scrolling, you eventually come to a point where there are missing entries (blank spaces where call log info should be)?

    Another thing, is Palm going to make it so the phone numbers dialed will only show one phone number for someone you dialed numerous time throughout the day, and have an option to 'view history' and then it would bring up all the times that number was dialed? I have the Instinct s30 for 2 weeks and it had that feature which was so cool. Why would Palm make you scroll though recurring numbers like this???

    I have many times been entering numbers on my bank account where I would enter the number 4 for example, it wouldn't respond, and then I would hit it again, and then the phone would finally catch up and would enter 4 two times and I would have to re enter my account number again!!!

    I just want this phone to be fixed in all of these little areas that drive me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I love this phone with passion fruit guava, and would never get rid of it. Let's just get these dang issues resolved already Palm!!

    Pea Soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  13. NVNJ's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I have many times been entering numbers on my bank account where I would enter the number 4 for example, it wouldn't respond, and then I would hit it again, and then the phone would finally catch up and would enter 4 two times and I would have to re enter my account number again!!!

    I just want this phone to be fixed in all of these little areas that drive me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I love this phone with passion fruit guava, and would never get rid of it. Let's just get these dang issues resolved already Palm!!

    Pea Soup.

    I'm with you pal.
  14. xorg's Avatar
    Posts
    633 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsackr View Post
    I have said 100 times - the phone app is the worst part of this phone... I'm with ya...
    Agreed. And it is the most important function. Palm seemed to have forgetten this is a phone first, PDA second and ulitily otherwise. Now it's all about making the interface wizbangy.

    Another major problem... it's too difficult to make a call (before Quck Contacts) and too easy to hang up accidentally.

    Palm must do the following...
    - Write the phone app as a binary, not as a script
    - Redesign interface so that you don't easily hangup up someone before even answering the phone
    - Make the quick contact list like PalmOS and make it very very snappy.

    I don't mind the sluggishness with the other apps, but with the slow phone app, it is almost making me switch to blackberry.
  15. #35  
    Why haven't i seen this phone app lag? I OCCASIONALLY haven noticed tiny lag. But nothing that has made me want to complain.

    Wtf?

    EDIT: And reading some complaints...like those with lag entering your bank account number...

    Why not just use the hard keypad?
  16. #36  
    Decreasing the overall sluggishness of the phone should be palm's top priority. Anything else is icing on the cake, at least for me.
  17. #37  
    Its all about just optimizing the OS/Apps.

    I think a poll about the phone app would be interesting. Both mine and my gf's haven't been an issue.
  18. Siraris's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #38  
    Almost every aspect of the device is really sluggish/slow lately. Photos, as an example, totally lock up/stutter when swiping through.
  19. spartadog's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Its all about just optimizing the OS/Apps.

    I think a poll about the phone app would be interesting. Both mine and my gf's haven't been an issue.
    That's a great idea !
  20. jaman71's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    #40  
    i am shocked and p-offed that this wasnt fixed in update 1. it is unacceptable, after all version 1 or not - its a PHONE!!!!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions