Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    I will be releasing a modification for those who have root access to their pre's to fix this issue. Will post it shortly - on final stages of testing.

- D2G
    Awesome - thanks!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    Exactly. I have a 248 area code. If I dial 555-5555 it assumes 248-555-5555, believe it or not. It actually works as intended, like landline phones always have for local numbers inside your area code.
    Like landlines? Well I don't know what service you have, but landline Verizon in Pennsylvania, requires you to dial all 10 numbers. Always has since they added the extra 3 digits years ago. If you dial 7 numbers you get nothing.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I would be fine if, when I dialed 7 numbers, the Pre assumed my local area code. But that's NOT what it does. It assumes the area code of whatever contact has those seven numbers stored in my address book. Does your landline do that? (Of course not.) It simply cannot be ignored that if I have (555) 123-4567 in my phonebook and I dial (999) 123-4567 that the Pre (and other phones) store that phone call in my log (and display on the phone's face) as if I had called (555) 123-4567.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people are defending the Pre on this matter and accusing those of us who point out that it's a bug of being anti-Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post

I cannot for the life of me understand why people are defending the Pre on this matter and accusing those of us who point out that it's a bug of being anti-Palm.
    I agree, whether it is a bug or intended behavior is not the point, if it is affecting some people in a negative way, which I can see it would, then it is worth looking into for a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    SO, most phones have this "bug" then.

I find it funny to comprehend the concept of the phone getting the info from the last 7 digits. NOT the Area code.

How many numbers are exactly the same just with different area code? I've never seen it.
    lol, really? You know that is the entire point of area codes right? The fact that you can only have a finite number of 7 digit variations before you start duplicating. It's also one of the reasons that area codes are split, when an area's population grows too large for the number of 7 digit combinations it can support, they have to split it into 2 area codes, or risk people getting the same phone number.

Area codes are numbered from 201 to 999. Each area code has 800 prefixes numbered from 200-999, each prefix has 10,000 phone numbers. Not all area codes, and prefixes are used and some are reserved for special uses. But given that there are 201 to 999 area codes, that mean that the same 7 digit number will appear 799 times across the entire area. As an example I just typed in 421-7352 into Google. I got: Toute Sweet Cafe in Ontario (519), Arizona Children's Home Association (520), Pennoyer, J in British Columbia (604), The Cleveland Institute of Art (216), Anthony F. Muri in Rhode Island (401), and the list goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Really? I am the only one here with the sour attitude? Might want to get your ducks in a row and quit the attacks yourself.
    You do realize you quoted someone other than me, right?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123