1.    #1  
    Great phone...but I use speed dial a lot and it is so bad on this phone.

To do speed dial you need to press the number and hold it until it starts dialing.

Most of the time, if I hit any number, lets say 5...I hold it and nothing happens...then I have to backspace and do it again and then it immediately does it.

This is really starting to drive me crazy, does anyone else experience this problem? If so please reply and is there anyone out there who it works perfectly fine for?
    speed dial? like on my cordless phone from the 1995?
    Same problem
    There is no spoon
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I usually slide the keyboard down and hit an assigned speed dial with no problem.

?
    No issues here with Speed Dial.. Then again, i have most my contacts that I call regularly on my launcher.
    I have the same problem, very annoying. Hope it's fixed.
    If that's really your most annoying problem ever, can we trade lives?
    same here - very annoying
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Same here...it drives me CRAZY! I want to be able to dial quickly without opening the keyboard. I know I can put contacts on my launcher, but if the contact has multiple contacts, it just opens up the contact then I have to dial.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    This thread just gave me the idea for a simple app; a card you can keep open all the time with just icons for all your speed dials. If you have the card in the forefront, just unlock the phone, single tap the icon, and your speed dial is dialed. No need to open the slider. Seems simple enough. If a developer doesn't make one, I might just make a homebrew one.

Sorry if someone's already thought of this...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    This thread just gave me the idea for a simple app; a card you can keep open all the time with just icons for all your speed dials. If you have the card in the forefront, just unlock the phone, single tap the icon, and your speed dial is dialed. No need to open the slider. Seems simple enough. If a developer doesn't make one, I might just make a homebrew one.

Sorry if someone's already thought of this...
    How about a gesture that brings up a speed-dialer card? ...but it's all got to be single-handed. That would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    No issues here with Speed Dial.. Then again, i have most my contacts that I call regularly on my launcher.
    I'm curious, why would you want to waste your launcher icons to dialing a contact when you can do it thru speed dial, where you have 26 open locations? And for the speed dials associated with numbers 1-9, you can simply use the touch dial pad without opening the keyboard.

I have had the problem with holding down the letter or number forever and nothing happens. If you are experiencing this, just hit the enter key on the keyboard. It will dial the speed dial contact.

Actually, if you just hit the speed dial key followed immediately by enter, it is much faster than waiting for the built-in speed dial to engage.

For example, type Letter 'V' (same as 9) on the keyboard, you will notice that your speed dial name will pop up first at the top of your screen (this, of course, depends if you have a contact assigned to that letter). Simply hit 'enter' on the keyboard, and that speed dial will be called. This is approx. 3-5 seconds faster than waiting for the processor to dial it.

Pea soup
    Also, just push the corresponding speed dial button i.e. "D" for dad or something, then move your finger to the gesture area. Then it starts the call. If you really are too lazy to do that, then you won't like any phone ever.
    I just type the first few letters of the contact name and it guesses it, then I tap and call. The 3 seconds I lose arent a big deal.
    same problem, very annoying
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rundown87 View Post
    Also, just push the corresponding speed dial button i.e. "D" for dad or something, then move your finger to the gesture area. Then it starts the call. If you really are too lazy to do that, then you won't like any phone ever.
    I'll have to try that... but...

same experience as the OP and like OP find it frustrating...
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    How about a gesture that brings up a speed-dialer card? ...but it's all got to be single-handed. That would be cool.
    That would be very handy, great idea!
    I miss the speed dial screen of Palm OS like the Centro had. Hit a button and the 10 speed dial names pop up instead of trying to rememeber whos #1 etc. Sure some developer will eventually create one .
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Speed dial problem? He, he, he. Try to learn your phone first.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    I didn't know I could do that. Now I do, and I did. THANKS.