1.    #1  
    Really happy with the Pre for the most part but trying to solve some of my pain points. 2 major issues I have are:

1. the speed (or lack there of ) in opening an email and then going back to my inbox and opening another email. Are you guys experiencing this as well?

2. I can not read HTML emails - I use the "tap twice" feature which blows up the text but then i have to scroll to the right and then back to the left to read the emails

Both these were not issues with my blackberry and i understand the pre is far superior in many ways but these would seem like deal breakers for many of us here right?
    I've noticed this slowdown "recently," meaning I don't remember it from when I got my Pre on 6/6 but I've noticed it since. I'm guessing it was introduced in 1.0.3. This particular slowdown corresponds to an even more disturbing slowdown in the phone app, where it takes a few seconds in many instances for button presses to register. When this is to answer and hang up a call, it's very, very annoying.

About HTML emails, I can view them fine when I receive them from my Google and Yahoo accounts, but not from my work Exchange server. I think it's related to the bug that causes strips out formatting for replies via Exchange accounts.

I'm assuming that the performance issues will be resolved via the standard optimization process, and that the issue with email formatting will also be fixed. If they aren't, it won't be a "deal-breaker" for me, but I'd certainly not be tickled pink.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty4444 View Post
    1. the speed (or lack there of ) in opening an email and then going back to my inbox and opening another email. Are you guys experiencing this as well?
    Yep, select email, wait for it to load, read, back gesture, wait for inbox to load, select new email...

If you have emails you want to read all in a row, it's faster to use the little arrows on the left and right of the subject. Still, swiping back to get back to the inbox should be instantaneous.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your response. Ya its been crazy slow lately. From what I understood the emails (or at least part of them) sit locally on the Pre so this should be instant right?

Also, I see the HTML emails but the text is so small - any way to enlarge the text while keeping the email within the formatting of the pre?
    Sorry, I was talking about the fact that HTML emails from Exchange don't display HTML at all... The only way to view HTML email larger is the same as viewing Web pages larger. Use the email landscape hack and they're easier to read.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    What is that hack?

Thanks!
    Okay, obligatory admonition: search is your friend.

But, open your email app fresh (if it's open, close and reopen). Then type: RocknRollHax. Make sure to hit the shift key with each capital letter. That will enable landscape view in email.
  8.    #8  
    That is great - how did i miss that!! thanks so much really helps me. I assume there are a list of these hack someone...i will research
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I've noticed this slowdown "recently," meaning I don't remember it from when I got my Pre on 6/6 but I've noticed it since. I'm guessing it was introduced in 1.0.3. This particular slowdown corresponds to an even more disturbing slowdown in the phone app, where it takes a few seconds in many instances for button presses to register. When this is to answer and hang up a call, it's very, very annoying.
    The button press slow response actually really bothers me.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    keep in mind, once you close the email app you will "lose" the hack and have to retype it in.
  11.    #11  
    Woah What! really. hmmmm any ideas why?