Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    for being a smart phone. i find this phone to be really stupid! i need menus with options!!!
    Frustrating to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by jp21in View Post
    How do other phones handle this?
    On my Treos, you could go to the Call Log and tap Details to get the actual number for a caller whose name appears when you call/receive a call. Very handy.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Now just toss a "wife" in the mix and you could get on Springer. May not help the OP's problem, but would definitely increase the entertainment value for the rest of us.
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.
    I put their primary number in as mobile and the rest in as other.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    You say that you "got a call" from the girl... so why couldn't you just go back into your incoming call log and see which number just dialed you? I know it's not a smooth solution. But, (I *think*) that maybe it is a way to figure out which number she dialed you from.
    Wordweaver soup, if you actually tried setting up your phone with 3 phone numbers, all as "mobile", and all under the same contact name, you will notice that the recent call log does not show a phone number, just the contact name. Now, when you tap the icon to the right of the name in the log, it opens the contact info page, which then lists the three phone numbers, not once revealing which number actually called you!
    I already explained this, but apparently some people are having problems understanding which I can understand unless you've actually experienced my problem.
    I also stated that if you were there to see the call come in, then you would see the phone number under the name as the phone is ringing at the moment the call is coming in.. Other than that, if you are not there at that exact few seconds, then you are screwed.
    This is where Darby the dingbat sipping soup comes into play. Ummm, scrumptious. I'm an ***** with respect to the soup.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    people are funny, no one is allowed to have more than 1 mobile number? hahaha fail
    ---------
    for the OP, how about just CALLING THE NUMBER BACK ONCE YOUR GF ISNT AROUND?
    Last edited by IMethos; 07/09/2009 at 01:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    does *69 not work anymore? just a simple fix for the time being
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    with 3 phone numbers, all as "mobile", and all under the same contact name
    That is the problem all her numbers were set up as mobile. Which doesn't help you now, unless you remember which number was her true mobile number. Otherwise email her or wait for another call. Unless it was life or death I am not too sure its worth sweeting over. Did your friend leave you a voicemail? if so then it usually states the number of the person leaving you the message.

If she didn't leave you a voicemail, then go the email or wait till she calls back.

Also it would be wise to update your contact list by properly assigning phone numbers as home, mobile, work, or other. I know this is easier said than done, but it will be beneficial in the future. One way to star is by logging onto you sprint account and looking at you previous bills.

on page 2 it has a ledger:
    BILLING FOOTNOTES
    Time Period: PP-Peak Period OP-Off Peak Period MP-Multiple Period
    Features: CW-Call Waiting CF-Call Forwarding 3W-Three Way Call DS-Dial up Service MM-Mobile to Mobile
    SH-Sprint To Home SO-Sprint To Office AC-Audio Conferencing LD-Long Distance OS-Operator Services
    WI-Wireless Integration DA-Directory Assistance
    Networks: NN-National Network CN-Canadian Network IR-International Roaming WD-Worldwide Discount TJ-Tijuana Network
    OA-Out of Area R-Roaming SA - Sprint Airave
    Services: AL-Alternate Line PU-Plan/Promotional Usage PF-Partial Free FC-Free Call WP-Wireless Priority

Also on another note. If you sign up for google voice or some form of service similar Google Voice will give you the number of the person who has called you on your google voice number.

Good Luck
    *69 is an option...if it still works. But I am sure by now he's made other calls.

I do find the call history lacking in features. Not only would the caller's number and info be appreciated, but the length of time connected and options to copy the number is needed! PalmOS had this and I am hoping a future upgrade handles this (and soon)!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    *69 is an option...if it still works. But I am sure by now he's made other calls.

I do find the call history lacking in features. Not only would the caller's number and info be appreciated, but the length of time connected and options to copy the number is needed! PalmOS had this and I am hoping a future upgrade handles this (and soon)!!
    Call timer is possible if your root the Pre : pre dev wiki: Hidden Features

Rooting took me a long time though, especially when the wget from the Pre couldn't resolve some of the given addresses (I actually had to get the files manually, upload it to a webserver and wget it from there)

But, once I did it, it was definitely worth it.
  11.    #31  
    I do know the number now. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this prob. Yeah, it would be nice if the categories where mobile 1, mobile 2, etc. for each phone number entry that shares the same main category.

Tree Sap
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post
    Now just toss a "wife" in the mix and you could get on Springer. May not help the OP's problem, but would definitely increase the entertainment value for the rest of us.
    Maybe she was calling with the results of the paternity test and we can put him on Maury Povich!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Yea, if all else fails, 69 the other girl
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    No, it doesn't work. You just get a recording that says "the feature code you have dialed is incorrect". I'm sure it still works from landlines, but I can't remember the last time I used a landline phone.
    That's why I'm still waiting for a MagiCall type app for PRE. Blocks Calls/Texts & shows all the info in locked app. No other people can see them, without a set password.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    Yea, if all else fails, 69 the other girl
    Nice one...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12