1.    #1  
    OK kids, I have thought about this until I am confused. I dual-boot Ubuntu and XP, and I know I can do this in Windoze. But I do everything in Linux just because I can. When I need to run DAQFactory, which is a Win-only prog, I fire up VirtualBox and use a virtual XP appliance.
    Now, I want to run the Pre emulator in the SDK, which runs in VirtualBox. See where I am going with this? Host OS is Linux running VirtualBox and XP as the guest OS. Can I install the SDK in the XP guest AND another instance of VirtualBox for the emulator.
    Sort of like standing between two mirrors and seeing your reflection repeated to infinity.... My head hurts....
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.
    I've "nested" virtualbox before, basically just to see if I could, and it's worked fine.

You should be able to load it on the XP guest and have it function correctly. The only issue I see is if you want to install stuff on your Pre, the USB my not function.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    There are threads on here (and possibly the pre dev wiki) that tell you how to use virtualbox on Linux with the disk images from the emulator.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I've "nested" virtualbox before, basically just to see if I could, and it's worked fine.

You should be able to load it on the XP guest and have it function correctly. The only issue I see is if you want to install stuff on your Pre, the USB my not function.
    Yeah, I had to jump through hoops to get USB working on Intrepid already. I don't even want to think about trying to get a nested install going.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    There are threads on here (and possibly the pre dev wiki) that tell you how to use virtualbox on Linux with the disk images from the emulator.
    I will look into that. Thanks folks.
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.