Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My phone does not recieve (and once would not send) a picture message while it is on. But when i reset it all of them will come in then. like i had like 5 go to me one day and i reset the next day and they all just shot in.

any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3drow View Post
    My phone does not recieve (and once would not send) a picture message while it is on. But when i reset it all of them will come in then. like i had like 5 go to me one day and i reset the next day and they all just shot in.

any idea?
    I have had the exact same experience ... About a week ago I experienced that my friends were not getting pics that I was sending ... AND I wasn't getting all of my email accounts pushed to me (only my gmail account was being pushed ... naturally) ... I ended up powering down my Pre ( a practice I developed with my Treo ) and when powered back up I started getting texts about pics I had sent a day or two before AND about 20 emails started coming thru ... I a can't say its been since the update but it has been just the last week that I have been noticing this ... I again now just make it a practice to do a total power down and power up at least once a day until this problem is fixed ... Or should I just get a replacement Pre ?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. I sent an MMS to my girlfriend's Pre and she didn't receive it until restarting.
    This same thing was happening to me too. My friends were sending me video mess. and i was not getting them.
    The funny thing is unlike you guys I didnt turn off and on my pre to get them. I happen to get mine by going into Calendar and manually syncing my google calendar. The moment i would sync i would get all these text messg's and even calendar event notifications that i was missing
    Same here. I would have to power down then turn it back on. Hopefully this gets resolved because I find it unacceptable.
    Supposedly there was a network fix by Sprint last night, so experiment again and post your findings.

george
    same thing happened to me and my wife. Both phones had to be reset before they showed quite a few pic msgs all at once. Text/email worked fine but not mms.
    Hope this is an old problem for all of you but I experienced it today and am curious if there is/was a known root cause and corrective action. My wife's Pre did not receive a MMS today from my Pre until I reset her Pre. I sent her a SMS/text before AND after I sent the MMS. She received the SMS messages but NOT the MMS. Immediately after resetting her device, the MMS popped up.

I've searched and found this thread (and a few others) related to MMS send/receive issues. One thread on Palm's support site suggested there was a Sprint problem and that Sprint implemented a fix on 7/8 with good results. Problem resurfaced for me today.

Anyone aware of the latest status of this issue?
    Im still having this problem and its annoying the crap out of me. I mean sure there are some problems with the pre, but im more than willing to overlook them all because of how great the phone is, but this is something that is just down right irritating
    I haven't had the prob again yet, but each time I send an mms I always txt her to see if she got it. Sux but I don't trust it yet.
    I'm having this same issue. You can tell if the MMS sent or not because the text in the message is grayed out if it hasn't sent. When it sends successfully it will turn to solid black.