Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

I just built:
    allwebosapps dot com (please copy/paste, this is my first post so I can't link)

It's a gallery of all WebOS apps so far, with ratings and developer information including a link to the app or developer webpage.

It's meant to offer easy browsing for app users and an opportunity for app developers to market their apps.

Any feedback or suggestions in terms of how I can improve this?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Neato!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Can you add the Homebrew apps as well? Then we would be cooking with gas.
    Looks nice...a way to sort what's being displayed on the page (i.e. most popular, least popular, etc.) would be a welcome addition.

Good job

-Gary
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Nice start. +1 on the homebrew apps and some sorting methods. Thanks!
    Is this synchronized with the app catalog somehow, or does it depend on someone to manually input all the data?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Here is a link for you...allwebosapps
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreApplications View Post
    Any feedback or suggestions in terms of how I can improve this?
    Very nice site indeed. As for improvements:

+ The name of the app displayed on the image without having to mouse over.

+ I expected it to take me to a review page, with maybe some screen shots and then provide a link to the vendor site, but clicking it takes you right to their site, so it's just a jump page. At that point I was a little disappointed, as I can get more info from the App Catalog.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    site looks nice

if we could get a homebrew section on there that would be awesome
    Great looking site! Thanks for your work.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Nice site.

FYI, missing Sudoku! in the game section. Kind of easy to spot a missing app at this point, hopefully you have a lot of updating to the site coming soon.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all the suggestions everybody!

I have now incorporated several:
    1. App names without needing to hover over the thumbnail
    2. You can sort by ratings from the main page and within categories

I will also add a Homebrew section on the morrow.

To answer some questions:
    1. No, this doesn't pull data directly from Palm's app catalog - it's done manually, and will depend on developers and users submitting apps. Putting them up takes less than a minute at most (which I do). If there's a way to pull data directly, I'd love to know how?
    2. Yes, it's a tradeoff whether to point to a review & screenshots or to the app/developer homepage. I'm guessing that, like for Android and iPhone apps, the developers (especially indie ones) will create dedicated websites for each app which will have screenshots and features on them which will sufficiently inform users on whether to investigate the particular app further.

I'll try to think of a nice way to add a link to a review too.

Thanks again everybody, and keep the suggestions coming. You rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreApplications View Post
    1. No, this doesn't pull data directly from Palm's app catalog - it's done manually, and will depend on developers and users submitting apps. Putting them up takes less than a minute at most (which I do). If there's a way to pull data directly, I'd love to know how?
    Just a thought, no clue whether it's possible or not: reverse engineer the app catalog application and get the sources of data from there?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Very nice. I can't wait until it's a pain in the arse for you to keep up with all the apps.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I like this site. However you should also add a dedicated section for iphone web apps that display nice on the pre... Like weather.com/iphone. If you want a list I have about 35 of these I can email you.

Also you should create a section of webapp icons so when we create a page to launcher we can use a large selection of webap icons.... Or better yet. For each iphone web app have about 4 or more cool icons next to it that you suggest would be good. I.e. I added weather.com/iphone to my launcher and have a perfect square icon of the weather channel logo. I have also gotten a cool facebook logo, engadget logo and minesweeper logo.

Just some ideas....

Can never have too much pre wallpaper either if you want a section for that.
    Wow, this makes me ashamed of how little my first post contributed to the Palm Pre community.....
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I like this site. However you should also add a dedicated section for iphone web apps that display nice on the pre... Like weather.com/iphone. If you want a list I have about 35 of these I can email you.

Also you should create a section of webapp icons so when we create a page to launcher we can use a large selection of webap icons.... Or better yet. For each iphone web app have about 4 or more cool icons next to it that you suggest would be good. I.e. I added weather.com/iphone to my launcher and have a perfect square icon of the weather channel logo. I have also gotten a cool facebook logo, engadget logo and minesweeper logo.

Just some ideas....

Can never have too much pre wallpaper either if you want a section for that.
    I think it would also be great if YOU post this list here. Thanks for the Weather.com one. I dislike the Accuweather one that Palm has.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    For a "first post" you went way beyond normal! Thanks for all of your hard work and your great contribution to the Pre community!

You have done a great job and I also like the idea of adding the Homebrew apps (some are great, others not) and maybe something with other webapps that work well with the Pre, as mentioned above.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Very nice! You might want to add other preinstalled apps. Such as YouTube, Sprint Navigation, Amazon MP3, etc... Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    Can you add the Homebrew apps as well? Then we would be cooking with gas.
    I think the exact term is "Then we would be cooking with bacon and eggs".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast