Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Have I missed something. When I media synced with itunes it would include artwork with all the songs now none of the artwork is present. Did something change? Currently the artwork only shows up when I drag and drop. I don't understand why media sync using itunes is no longer bringing the artwork over to the pre.
    Use mediamonkey and embed the album art into the mp3 instead..
    Looking for a better answer? Then I suggest you try the search feature on these forums as this has been discussed MANY times already.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Here you go. I did search and saw the media monkey/Songbird thing. That post was from 11 June. I've been able to sync with itunes, each sync including the artwork, up until last night, 8July. I thought maybe I accidentally changed a setting or something. As I "read" the different post none of them said anything about a change to this feature and most of the posters weren't syncing using itunes.

If I have to find another method cool, I just wanted to know why it stopped functioning last night when I've been able to sync effortless with artwork using itunes since 6 June.
    I wish the art was bigger...
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Here you go. I did search and saw the media monkey/Songbird thing. That post was from 11 June. I've been able to sync with itunes, each sync including the artwork, up until last night, 8July. I thought maybe I accidentally changed a setting or something. As I "read" the different post none of them said anything about a change to this feature and most of the posters weren't syncing using itunes.

If I have to find another method cool, I just wanted to know why it stopped functioning last night when I've been able to sync effortless with artwork using itunes since 6 June.
    Try the search terms "album art" if you haven't already. And ya never know which forum you're going to find the threads in around here so be sure to search all sub forums.
    I know I've read this exact problem being discussed but don't remember which sub forum it was in.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I've been looking around all day and tried missing sync and still can't get the artwork back. Most of the threads were dead ends. Thanks for the response, I'll keep looking for an answer.
    I just synced with iTunes for the first time (take THAT Apple!) and my album artwork ported over to the pre.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Have I missed something. When I media synced with itunes it would include artwork with all the songs now none of the artwork is present. Did something change? Currently the artwork only shows up when I drag and drop. I don't understand why media sync using itunes is no longer bringing the artwork over to the pre.
    Under devices go to Pre and select music. (manually manage music and videos)
    Highlight any song and go to edit and select all.
    Now go to advanced and select Get Album Artwork.
    itunes synced artwork just fine for me.
    Will doubletwist sync artwork properly?
    Im not using iTunes (because Apple sucks) but I use mp3tag (www .mp3tag.de/en/) on a couple hundred songs and it works great. You can also edit song, artist and disc info a lot easier than you can thru Windows. Good luck
    All of my iTunes album artwork is flawless (thanks to TuneUp). But syncing to the Pre there some occassional problems. Sometimes an album is 100% fine in iTunes but when on the Pre only one of the songs will have the artwork while the rest will be blank in that same album.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I use the same thing as tomkind80. MP3Tag is very nice because it embeds the artwork into the mp3/m4a/aac, etc. Whereas iTunes creating a reference file for the album's picture. The sooner people stop using iTunes with the Pre, the better...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I used MediaMonkey to import my music from iTunes to my Pre and it transferred all of the album art correctly.