1.    #1  

2 Years Palm Pre Accidental Damage Extended Warranty Replacement Plan - Value Up to $750 - CTE2-750-03

buy dot com/prod/2-years-palm-pre-accidental-damage-extended-warranty-replacement-plan/q/loc/111/211344737.html

(not 10 post yet, so i cant post direct link)

SF Planet has proudly partnered with Consumer Priority Service (CPS) to offer extended warranty services on Cellular Phone. Extended Warranties may not only be purchased for products you are currently buying from SF Planet or have bought from us in the last 30 days, but also products purchased from other legitimate retailers. 2 Years Cellular Phone Warranty Under $750 is an extended service plan that is generally an extension of your original manufacturers warranty. Most manufacturers warranty their products to be free from defects for up to one year from the date of purchase. This warranty virtually guarantees you that if your newly purchased product fails the manufacturer will protect you from the high costs of replacement parts and labor necessary to repair your product. CPS extended service plans lengthen your products coverage for up to 24 months (2 years) to insure you get years of performance satisfaction from your newly purchased product. Service plans are renewable and must be submitted 30 days prior to the original plans expiration. All Extended Warranties by Consumer Priority Service (CPS) must be purchased and registered with CPS within 30 days of the purchase date of the product being covered. 100% comprehensive parts and labor coverage. Thousands of nationwide authorized service centers. Zero deductible. Convenient toll-free 800 number. If we can't fix it, we will replace it. No lemon policy. Fully renewable, fully transferable. Easy to use registration process. Hassle free claims system. Worldwide coverage with CPS GLOBAL. Our shield means You're Protected
    I searched for information, but could not find much, this seems to be the best deal.. any experience or opinions on this type of warranty?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I do know that the cell companies/box retailers make a ton of commission celling extended protection products on electronics. Some in excess of 50% of the cost. Once one of the companies figures out how to sell directly to cellphone users, you will be able to take the cost down dramatically. The difficult part is reaching them (although, Im beginning to think sites like this are very viable).
    I know I have read some bad things recently about buy.com in relation to computer parts. I just checked their reseller rating and it's 3.17 out of 10, so please use caution: Buy.com - buy.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Can't help with the warranty question, but I had a horrific experience with buy.com! I ordered a laptop that seemed to be a great deal.... Actually too good to be true the more I thought about it. So I called and spoke with a supervisor who absolutely assured me that I would get exactly what was mentioned in the add, 15.4" WSXGA, 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo, 160 Gb HDD, 4 Gb ram, AND BlueRay for $700, give or take. I wasn't convinced, so I called three times to cancel my order BEFORE my card was charged in addition to an email to customer service. No dice. The laptop showed up anyway.
    As I feared, the only thing common with what I received and the add was the manufacturer of the laptop!!!! No BlueRay, no high resolution screen, nothing. It was a 40 Gb HDD, 1 Gb ram, CDROM $700 POS!!!
    It took me over a week to get an RA # so I could return the computer, and another 3 weeks to get my refund. Not only did they NOT refund the shipping to me, but DIDN'T refund my shipping back to them!
    It basically cost me over $50 even after repeated attempts to cancel before the order was shown as processed, much less shipped!!! Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with!!!
    This was 2 years ago.... Can you tell just how miffed I still am to this day?!?!
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Blu ray in a notebook 2 years ago ? Interesting.
    What I had read about, was the items ordered were sent, but the factory boxes had been opened and the item was missing.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

7.    #7  
    well it looks like buy.com is more just the seller, its provided by SF Planet and CPS i think, because it says "SF Planet has proudly partnered with Consumer Priority Service (CPS) to offer extended warranty services on Cellular Phone"

too bad, no one has experience with this, because its at a great price, i was hoping it would be good like square trade or something.. or i wish square trade would sell a 1 or 2 year instead of having to buy that 3 year with the electronic other category..
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Doesn't cover water damage which they define sweat as a type of water damage.

Personally, I live in Seattle, so this is an issue for me.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post

where do u see the details of this warranty? I can find it..
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I currently have the Bestbuy warranty. I was told they cover everything other than lost or stolen item, thats covered by Sprint. So if I was to drop my phone and it breaks Best Buy will immediately replace it no questions asked.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    where do u see the details of this warranty? I can find it..
    You have to ask Best Buy for a copy. I know about the sweat because my Sansu Fuze died and they claimed it was water damage. So, what I really should say is that any kind of mositure damage (including sweat) will not be covered. But it doesn't call out sweat specifically.

I had been riding my motorcycle on a hot day with full leathers.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I currently have the Bestbuy warranty. I was told they cover everything other than lost or stolen item, thats covered by Sprint. So if I was to drop my phone and it breaks Best Buy will immediately replace it no questions asked.
    The BB warrenty can be a good deal. I purchased it for my Xbox 360 as the model at the time was the one that suffered from the ring of death.

Anyway, maybe they removed water damage as an exclusion... would you mind checking your contract and letting us know?
  13.    #13  
    oh you guys getting "best buy" mixed up with "buy.com"
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    Blu ray in a notebook 2 years ago ? Interesting.
    Yup. After I got my money back I bought a Dell with a 24 mo warranty and it expired in February. So, a little over 2 years it was.
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    oh you guys getting "best buy" mixed up with "buy.com"
    You're right!

Sorry dude. I have no knowledge of the buy.com warrenty. After looking it up and reading the blurb: here is the part that concerns me:

"If we can't fix it, we will replace it. No lemon policy. Fully renewable, fully transferable. Easy to use registration process. Hassle free claims system. Worldwide coverage with CPS GLOBAL. Our shield means You're Protected."

That suggests you need to send the phone to them (and be without the phone) for them to evaluate it. I'd look into the State Farm policy someone else mentioned in this thread.
    Last edited by Clack; 07/09/2009 at 12:55 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post

ya.. its really vague.. no details.. =/

no reviews for it either..

im just trying to find a better deal than sprint, $7 a month and $100 deductable