1.    #1  
    I'd love to know what Jeff Hawkins, founder of Palm, thinks of the Palm Pre. He left the company for good after the fatal Foleo flop and I bet he's pretty pissed he left. Haha

What do you think?
    Wasn't he just a cofounder along with Donna Dubinsky?

Incidentally, according to Wikipedia they have founded a new company. Numenta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hawkins was actually right that the Foleo would catch on. Unfortunately, we call them netbooks, and I bet the Foleo if tweaked, could catch on now. The instant on functionality would be nice. Unfortunately, we will watch Apple step into this space in the next 6 months or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Wasn't he just a cofounder along with Donna Dubinsky?

Incidentally, according to Wikipedia they have founded a new company. Numenta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wait....are they developing SKYNET?

if so we are screwed...arnolds got a new day job!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    The Foleo and current netbooks are two very different animals. The popularity of one is pretty much because of capabilities the Foleo didn't have.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Wait....are they developing SKYNET?

if so we are screwed...arnolds got a new day job!!
    ROFL Too Funny!

I know that Hawkins has been working on his AI stuff for quite some time. When he returned to Palm he published a book about his theory of how the brain works.
    I'd bet he'd want to make slight tweaks to make certain things need a few less clicks, but who knows, after Palm bought Handspring again, he became more of a part-time player, spending more time at Numenta, and then especially after the Foleo, even more so.