1.    #1  
    With all the threads about problems with Palm's newest phone, I wanted to start a post for those lurking around thinking about this device. This is a great phone for me, I have had no hardware issues at all and I got my Pre on launch day.

Does the phone have every feature I want, well no but show me a phone that does. This is a version 1 device meaning it does not have a mature third party app eco-system yet. Over the coming months we should see a more apps from all kinds of developers.

If you still need more than the base device offers I suggest you also bookmark this link Apple - Web apps - All Categories it is a list of web apps that will extend the functionality of your device.

So as it was stated in the latest podcast, remember most people only post issues not that they are having no issues with their phone.
    Corey

Current Devices: Palm Pre 2, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus and Apple's iPhone 4
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I completely agree. I've been using Palm products for several years, and the Pre is unquestionably the best yet. Yes, there are apps and features that I would like to have, but I am willing to wait while I utilize the amazing capabilities that already exist.
    Agreed. I love my Pre. There are still a few kinks to work out, for sure, some of which are just plain annoying right now, but overall, the experience has been fantastic. My laptop usage has dropped at least 90%, as I'm now using the Pre for so many things I used to have to fire up the laptop for. And it fits in my freakin' pocket. It's wonderful.

The OS is incredible (aforementioned annoyances aside). But what I think I like best about the Pre is perhaps the most easily overlooked aspect. It actually feels good to hold. Once you pick it up, it's hard to put down. They did an absolutely amazing job on the form factor.

I think that says a lot, since form is not something I normally care much about when it comes to devices. I'm always far more concerned with how something works than how it looks and feels. But with the Pre, they really nailed it on both fronts. Form and function are both great.

By the way, here's sort of a fun story. I've been using Palm products since the original Plam Pilot. One thing I'll never forget is the day I got my Palm III. I took it out of the box, and one of the first things I did was I flicked open that flip cover it had (in the best Star Trek tradition, of course), held it up to my face, and exclaimed out loud, "Wouldn't this make a great phone?" I thought I was kidding. I had no idea what was to come.

My first Palm OS phone was the Kyocera 7135, which was truly an awesome device in its day. I held on to that thing for four years, I loved it so much (although in retrospect, I can hardly believe I used to carry something that big in my pocket). When the 7135 finally gave up the ghost, I got myself a Treo 700P, which I used right up until the day the Pre came out.

The Pre is the first device I ever camped out for. I'm so glad I did. The local Best Buy only had two in stock on release day, and I was the second person in line. It's crazy to think how different this past month would have been for me had I not been quite so early that day.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    One must keep in perspective that this a company that has been on the brink of financial disaster. They completely re-invented themselves and considering the pre is a first generation product, I don't think they coudl have done a whole lot better. Yes, indeed, software upgrades are needed to make it better meet our needs in some areas and more apps are desired, but it's comforting to know that thses things will come with time, making the experience and evolution of joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    My first Palm OS phone was the Kyocera 7135, which was truly an awesome device in its day. I held on to that thing for four years, I loved it so much (although in retrospect, I can hardly believe I used to carry something that big in my pocket). When the 7135 finally gave up the ghost, I got myself a Treo 700P, which I used right up until the day the Pre came out.
    I had one of those as well. Loved that phone.
    In spite of a device issue (apparently internal--nothing visibly wrong with the unit) that led to two replacements, I LOVE my Pre and give major kudos to Palm for completely designing a new and innovative device from the ground up, likely saving the company and charting a course for others to follow as well.

If you are a current or former PalmOS or Treo user, there will be a few features you'll likely miss until (hopefully) Palm or third parties add them. However, there are some great new features that you will come to enjoy rather quickly. If you are new to the world of smartphones, I think you'll be blown away by all the positive features of the Pre.

So...thinking about a new Pre? GO FOR IT!

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    In spite of a device issue (apparently internal--nothing visibly wrong with the unit) that led to two replacements, I LOVE my Pre and give major kudos to Palm for completely designing a new and innovative device from the ground up, likely saving the company and charting a course for others to follow as well.

If you are a current or former PalmOS or Treo user, there will be a few features you'll likely miss until (hopefully) Palm or third parties add them. However, there are some great new features that you will come to enjoy rather quickly. If you are new to the world of smartphones, I think you'll be blown away by all the positive features of the Pre.

So...thinking about a new Pre? GO FOR IT!

HTH,
    ME
    Ok, after reading through that I feel liking starting a new thread on this new Pre commericial I just saw. Or read...
    Reading this thread makes me wanna join hands and sing coom by ya.

But seriously, I DO LOVE ME SOME PRE!!!!
    This was the only device I bought on the first day. Glad I did given the shortages and how long we waited since January. It's changed my life and I don't know how I lived without multitasking on a phone.