Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!, I got the 99$ unlimited plan and wow, I'm saving 1600$ every two years compared to Expensive at&t and verizon on an amazing network. I love the Pre, it is a very intuitive phone and so far so good with performance. It looks awesome, feels good in your hand (hence the name "Palm") and all in all I think I have the best phone for the money and performance. Oh, and nevermind Sprints network, data is definitely "now." I was flying around on the web today looking at stuff as if I was on my regular computer. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! An added plus, I got super duper customer service, and the sales rep gave me an extra travel charger, headphones, and Palm cloth case (all brand new) for free!!!!! GO SPRINT AND GO PALM!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm happy for you. Enjoy your Pre. I had mine since the launch and I'm loving it.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Grats on finally getting your Pre! I have also had mine from launch and absolutely love this thing!
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your Pre. I've had mine since launch day and still love it.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I was given my Pre as a gift on launch day.....I was actually on the fence on getting it on my own, and didn't know if I wanted to cancel my AT&T contract and give up my Curve.

After two days, I was hooked and ported my number to the Pre. Been happy ever since. Just waiting for a case that really appeals to me, and hoping the Touchstone comes down in price.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curtissc View Post
    I was given my Pre as a gift on launch day.....I was actually on the fence on getting it on my own, and didn't know if I wanted to cancel my AT&T contract and give up my Curve.

After two days, I was hooked and ported my number to the Pre. Been happy ever since. Just waiting for a case that really appeals to me, and hoping the Touchstone comes down in price.
    yeah, I'm gonna hold off on the touchstone so far, but the precentral.com accessory store is discounted nicely. the back cover and touchstone is only 49.99
    Same here...just got my new Pre and I am loving it. I am really super excited about the future once the apps start flowing. I believe we are all in for a fun ride.
    Congratulations! I know you won't regret it.
    WootWootWoot!!! Congrats m8 ands welcome to the club.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfarag View Post
    LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!, I got the 99$ unlimited plan and wow, I'm saving 1600$ every two years compared to Expensive at&t and verizon on an amazing network.
    PC World agrees:

Sprint beats Verizon, AT&T in nationwide 3G reliability tests

The PC World tests took place in March and April this year in 13 major markets across the country, including Boston, Baltimore, New York, Orlando, Denver, Chicago, San Francisco, New Orleans, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, San Diego and San Jose. In each location, testers measured download speed, upload speed and reliability. In every market, Sprint bested AT&T for reliability. And, overall, Sprint proved more reliable over Verizon with a strong connection 90.5 percent of the time, according to the results. In Boston, Denver and Seattle, Sprint earned perfect scores Ė 100 percent reliable in connection tests.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Dang it, groovy, you beat me to it. That was a pretty incredible smack down by Sprint at a perfect time, no? I liked the guy from ZDNet's take on it:

Just about a month ago, I stepped into a Sprint store to learn more about the Palm Pre and walked out ready to switch from Verizon to Sprint, thanks to a knowledgeable clerk who shifted the conversation from devices to plans. It turns out that Sprintís plans are so competitively priced that I could find myself saving about $100 a month on my existing five-phone family plan.

I know Iíd never consider switching to AT&T, given the poor experience I had earlier this year with an iPhone I bought and returned. But I didnít know enough about the reliability of the Sprint network to make an educated decision about a switch to Sprint

But a news release from Sprint this afternoon has given me the information I need. According to 3G reliability tests conducted by PC World, Sprint beat both AT&T and Verizon in 13 major markets, including Silicon Valley.

Sprint beats Verizon, AT&T in nationwide 3G reliability tests | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com

And you changed your avatar AGAIN! She doesn't look groovy either. She looks slick and polished. You're kind of a mixed up persona, eh? LOL
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Dang it, groovy, you beat me to it. That was a pretty incredible smack down by Sprint at a perfect time, no? I liked the guy from ZDNet's take on it:
    Yeah, read that. Not that I wish ill on anyone, but it's kind of nice to be reminded every once in a while that people have poor experiences with other phones/services.

And you changed your avatar AGAIN! She doesn't look groovy either. She looks slick and polished. You're kind of a mixed up persona, eh? LOL
    There's a theme going... promise.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Yeah, read that. Not that I wish ill on anyone, but it's kind of nice to be reminded every once in a while that people have poor experiences with other phones/services.

There's a theme going... promise.
    Oooh, I'm intrigued now. You're kinda like the Pre, nobody knows what to expect next.