Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I recently bought 2 Pre and I have found that the Pre seems to have a lot of texting delay. My friend is right next to me. When I text something like"
    1st text: "What"
    2nd text: "do"
    3rd text: "you want"
    4th text: "to do?"

My friend will receive something like
    1st text: "do"
    2nd text: "what"
    3rd text: "you want

the first text arrive in a few seconds, the 2nd text arrives in like 1min, the 3 and 4th text come like 5 to 10min later. Does anyone have this problem? It happens many times and it's very frustrating.

TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by j1huynh View Post
    I recently bought 2 Pre and I have found that the Pre seems to have a lot of texting delay. My friend is right next to me. When I text something like"
    1st text: "What"
    2nd text: "do"
    3rd text: "you want"

My friend will receive something like
    1st text: "do"
    2nd text: "what"
    3rd text: "you want

the first text arrive in a few seconds, the 2nd text arrives in like 1min, the 3 and 4th text come like 5 to 10min later. Does anyone have this problem? It happens many times and it's very frustrating.

TIA.
    Do they also have sprint?

I do not experience this when I text people...
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    It's a carrier issue. Sprint in particular, they are notorious for delayed text.
    No problems in that manner so far. Remember MMS is sending pix or pix/texts and text only is SMS.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Oh sorry. It is SMS. We tested between the 2 PREs. We didn't have this issue before when using MOTOQ9C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    It's a carrier issue. Sprint in particular, they are notorious for delayed text.
    Yeah. I've had Sprint for many years, and I have always had problems with texts being delayed or not arriving at all.
    i dont have any issues
    Try sending a Pic w/text to any other phone than the pre. The pic will make it but the text will not. I have tried sending a pic w/text to many other phones, including a Instict, LG Rumor2, Samsung M500, and a Samsung Upstage. The pic always makes it but the text never does.
    It's sprint. I've had Sanyo's, Treo 650s, 700p, 755, 800w and I've seen that on ALL of the phones I've owned.... if you send multiples they'll come into your phone with the time it was sent from the sender. Say if they sent it 2 hours ago and I just received it right now, it'll show the 2 hour ago time stamp.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have had those issues with sprint as well..on various treo's, but they have been sporadic and not as reproducible as your test.
    This happens to me on occasion with my Pre, but it also happened occasionally on my Treo as well. That seems to suggest that it is, in fact, a minor Sprint issue.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I've noticed that when my friend (who's also on Sprint) sends me very long text messages (ones which get broken up into multiple messages), that they almost never arrive in order. If her message is broken into three messages, I almost always get them in the order 1, 3, 2. Fortunately, the messages get numbered so it's not really a problem. What would be even nicer is if the Pre recognized that they are multiple parts of the same message and reassembled them.
    I've never sent or received a text message out of order, and I sent ~1500 texts last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Try sending a Pic w/text to any other phone than the pre. The pic will make it but the text will not. I have tried sending a pic w/text to many other phones, including a Instict, LG Rumor2, Samsung M500, and a Samsung Upstage. The pic always makes it but the text never does.
    This does not happen to me, I've probably sent like 10 picture messages and everyone I send them to always get the message with it. Their phones ranging from the worst phones to the top-of-the-line phones.
    well i never have any problems from my Sprint phones sending it to Sprint, VZW, T-Mobile, or AT&T according to my friends or fam!
    i believe it has something to do w/ text messaging in general... a few month ago i heard congress was trying to pass a bill to get text messaging regulated b/c there are no guarantees on delivery, i have sent texts that have been received hours later and received texts from another person hours later than they were sent
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    i believe it has something to do w/ text messaging in general... a few month ago i heard congress was trying to pass a bill to get text messaging regulated b/c there are no guarantees on delivery, i have sent texts that have been received hours later and received texts from another person hours later than they were sent
    If what you said is true about Congress I think its time for me to leave.

Back on topic, I have not hand an issue that I am aware of. I know a handfull of time where my texts where never recived but that has been over the course of 6 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by rundown87 View Post
    This does not happen to me, I've probably sent like 10 picture messages and everyone I send them to always get the message with it. Their phones ranging from the worst phones to the top-of-the-line phones.
    This is a proven issue by Sprint and Palm. So not sure why yours is working. You are sending the picture at the same time all in the same message correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    This is a proven issue by Sprint and Palm. So not sure why yours is working. You are sending the picture at the same time all in the same message correct?
    Yes, the last one I sent was last friday night, sent it to 3 of my friends, some old lady was singing kareoke at this bar, and she was wearing basically nothing, probably about 75 years old, I sent them a picture of her and told them I was taking her home, cause I wouldn't have to worry about getting her pregnant. Sent that text in the same message as the picture mail and they all got it. One friend has a BBCurve on AT&T, the other has a Samsung Eternity on AT&T and the other has a really cheap sanyo phone that doesn't even have a camera and he's on sprint, they all got it.
    Its network related.

If its congested, it'll often do that. It happens with everyone. Try again at a different time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast