Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just spent 10 minutes emptying my e-mail trash folder one message at a time. How can I empty my trash by deleting all messages in the trash folder at once?
    You can't.
    Lame. I have 1165 emails in my trash. Thats 1165 swipes of my finger....LAME.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Lame. I have 1165 emails in my trash. Thats 1165 swipes of my finger....LAME.
    Uh, why wouldn't you just delete them the next time you visit your computer? I may be a little less convenient, but then you can sign into your email and delete all one million of them all at once
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Uh, why wouldn't you just delete them the next time you visit your computer? I may be a little less convenient, but then you can sign into your email and delete all one million of them all at once
    Or better yet? Use some anti-spam software or service (Spam Assassin, Postini, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    Or better yet? Use some anti-spam software or service (Spam Assassin, Postini, etc).
    Believe it or not these are emails that aren't really spam. I did delete them from my online trashcan, yet they are still on my Pre.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    To make the best of a bad situation, make it a game, since we are short on game apps.

Did you know that you can swipe left to right and right to left? Did you know that you can swipe all 5 lines of emails before the processor can delete the first one?

Certainly not a fix, and I concede the issue is still there. It is however, an idea to make it a challenge instead of something to frustrate you while you do each swipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    To make the best of a bad situation, make it a game, since we are short on game apps.

Did you know that you can swipe left to right and right to left? Did you know that you can swipe all 5 lines of emails before the processor can delete the first one?

Certainly not a fix, and I concede the issue is still there. It is however, an idea to make it a challenge instead of something to frustrate you while you do each swipe.
    This made me laugh. Well played man!
    Kingdom of Heaven
    +1 for the positive atttitude

@homerlanza, are you using a POP or IMAP email account?

With POP you can set an option to delete an email from the server when you delete it on the pre. However, if you delete an email from the server AFTER you have d/l the email to the pre, the email will not be deleted from the pre.

With IMAP, actions on the pre and the computer, as well as the content, will be synced.