1.    #1  
    Anyone found a way of viewing the days appointments on the home screen?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosherabin View Post
    Anyone found a way of viewing the days appointments on the home screen?
    The fastest way is to add a launcher icon directly to the mobile Google Calendar website. It lists all appointments on a given day.

Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    The fastest way is to add a launcher icon directly to the mobile Google Calendar website. It lists all appointments on a given day.

Brett
    Why would this be better than opening the calendar app??
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Sure. Keep the calander app open, and have the current day selected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Sure. Keep the calander app open, and have the current day selected!
    +1
  6.    #6  
    Obviously I meant without opening an additional app and I dont use google calendar I use exchange. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Why would this be better than opening the calendar app??
    It's a list of the days' appointments - no scrolling, no blocks of time - just a list of appointments. And it's just as easy to keep open as the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by mosherabin View Post
    Obviously I meant without opening an additional app and I dont use google calendar I use exchange. Any ideas?
    Nope - definitely not possible with a stock phone. With a ton of work, there might be some mods you can make with a rooted phone.
    hoping someone will create an app for that - maybe a Today screen for locked screen and wallpaper-home states
    I just don't think the Pre is designed for a home page with widgets. It's much more like a PC where the paradigm is to work with actual individual application windows. Where exactly would you stick a "home page" with all of the information that people have asked to see, that it wouldn't obstruct getting to the running cards? Where would you put such a home screen on a PC?

Even with modern PC operating systems, e.g., Win 7 and OS X, one has to hit a toggle to get to widgets, because otherwise they'd be sticking on top of usable workspace. And a widget view that would need to be toggled would be no different than simply selecting a running card (e.g., the calendar) and bringing it to the forefront.

I can see that maybe you could add something that shows upcoming appointments and such to the lock screen, just like notifications can be shown there. But otherwise, I have a hard time seeing how that could be done without creating a highly restrictive environment like HTC's TouchFlo 3D or that lookalike they made for the HTC Hero and Android.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    The developer for 2Day says he'll consider porting it to Pre once he has a look at the SDK. He has been porting apps to iPhone and Android already so it wouldn't be much of a stretch.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I just don't think the Pre is designed for a home page with widgets. It's much more like a PC where the paradigm is to work with actual individual application windows. Where exactly would you stick a "home page" with all of the information that people have asked to see, that it wouldn't obstruct getting to the running cards? Where would you put such a home screen on a PC?

Even with modern PC operating systems, e.g., Win 7 and OS X, one has to hit a toggle to get to widgets, because otherwise they'd be sticking on top of usable workspace. And a widget view that would need to be toggled would be no different than simply selecting a running card (e.g., the calendar) and bringing it to the forefront.

I can see that maybe you could add something that shows upcoming appointments and such to the lock screen, just like notifications can be shown there. But otherwise, I have a hard time seeing how that could be done without creating a highly restrictive environment like HTC's TouchFlo 3D or that lookalike they made for the HTC Hero and Android.
    You're probably right. I don't know for certain but it seems unlikely that the Card View paradigm would allow for an "always up" today screen.