Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you pay for the insurance, they will charge you 50 dollars to replace the phone, but if you are an outstanding customer, you may qualify for a rebate even if you are still under contract.
    If you are an outstanding customer,.you might qualify for a rebate even if you are still under contract. Also if you pay for the insurance, they will charge you 50 dollars for a replacement.
    Oooops I did not realize posted it twice.
  4.    #24  
    To finish the side story, Palm stepped in and fixed my problem, for which I am very, very grateful. Palm is a great company, and I appreciate there attention. After I finished talking to Palm, Sprint called me and offered me a replacement phone for the $50 I originally indicated I would like to pay. Though Palm had already stepped in, I thanked Sprint profusely for their help and told them I appreciate their work on my behalf. Everyone was happy.

So, back to the thread. At 6:15 the Pre was at 47% after spending about an hour on the phone with Sprint, and a few minutes responding to inquiries from Palm. So that is where it stands right now.

I do believe that there are some Pre's that do have a battery problem, but I am convinced that if you return the phone within the 30 days and ask for another one until you get a "perfect" one, you will be very happy with the battery. I understand if maybe you don't want to do that, but I think Palm has more than adequately addressed the battery life problem, at least in my opinion.

Michael (Salty Off-Grid)
    If you multi task with 3 cards or less it's easier with Advanced Gesture, put the most used card in the middle and use one swipe to change left/right.
    When browsing stop the loading as soon as you see the link you want.

Brightness: lowest (even in TEXAS sun) only raise to show pictures
    Screen off: 30sec (manual mostly), 2min (long reading)
    Adv Gestures: On
    Bluetooth: Off
    Email: As it arrives (Few), 30min - 1hr (MANY), NO sound/vibrate
    GPS: Off (will ask to use when needed)
    WiFi: Off (road), On (2+ bars of wifi)

For HEAVY users (myself included- charge 3x/day) it helps if you remove backcover and cool the Pre down. Hold naked Pre to air vent(home/office/car) at 45 degree angle or blow air into the spot where it has the two prongs that touch the door for wireless charging (pretend to hold a toothpick between the lips, gives good air pressure- not birthday candles style).

When I go somewere I take the wall charger if possible, 95% of the time I can find juice. Ex: breakfast @ Whataburger, lunch @ buffet, dinner @ Italian restaurant ALL have booths with a sockett nearby.
    Waiting for Seidio to release the Innocell 2600 mAh Extended Life battery that comes with a soft-touch bckcover. http://tinyurl.com/muzfrh

Anybody know of a different brand to compare?
    Last edited by T0F3R; 07/09/2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Able to use links now.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasnapper View Post
    If you pay for the insurance, they will charge you 50 dollars to replace the phone, but if you are an outstanding customer, you may qualify for a rebate even if you are still under contract.
    If you pay for the insurance, it's $50 to replace a "phone," $100 to replace a Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by T0F3R View Post
    Waiting for Seidio to release the Innocell 2600 mAh Extended Life battery that comes with a soft-touch bckcover. Innocell Extended Life Battery
    omg. I am buying that the exact second it comes out!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Thing about replacing the phone is 1) I can't verify that the battery life is due to the actual hardware and 2) other than that and some very-hard-to-notice stuck pixels, my Pre's pretty nice.
    Although this did not happen to me, I have read on here reports of Sprint stores refusing to exchange, or only allow ONE exchange. This would certainly make it difficult to impossible to continue to exchange your Pre until you get a "perfect" one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12