Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. pakuz_757's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #1  
    Sorry guys I tried searching but "delay" and "notifications" come up with 1000000 results. Anybody know of a way to delay text/calender/email notifications while you're on a phone call? Its way too loud over the earpiece and the caller on the other end can hear the notification as if its on their phone!
    Thanks
  2. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #2  
    Not at this time - I hope an update allows for this too...
  3. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #3  
    the problem isnt the notifications, the problem is the volume.
    what if you were on a long call and an important notification came up?
    if the phone is to the ear, the notification should come through the earpiece, so only you could hear it.
  4. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    the problem isnt the notifications, the problem is the volume.
    what if you were on a long call and an important notification came up?
    if the phone is to the ear, the notification should come through the earpiece, so only you could hear it.
    Agreed. Still nothing you can do about it at this time. The Pre Dev Wiki might be working on a resolution (for rooted Pres). Take a look there...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pakuz_757 View Post
    Sorry guys I tried searching but "delay" and "notifications" come up with 1000000 results. Anybody know of a way to delay text/calender/email notifications while you're on a phone call? Its way too loud over the earpiece and the caller on the other end can hear the notification as if its on their phone!
    Thanks
    I totally agree ... It is way too loud ... It kills my ear ... I also wonder if the person I am talking to can hear it ... I have my notification set to a different tone than the default so its not long but its far from a short audible notification ... I usually go into prefs to turn off notifications or turn the sound off to help ... I hope an update on this happens SOON
  6. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #6  
    You know what kills me? When you don't have a pic assigned to a contact, and you get a call while the phone is off- you have to wait and try to view the contact's name or number through the fog that is the "drag to unlock" button.

    Since I want to know who's calling before I pick up the phone, I look to see what the caller ID says, and if they're part of my contacts, etc. This haze defeats that.

    Dear Palm,

    Fix it!!

    Thanks.
  7. fireone23's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    You know what kills me? When you don't have a pic assigned to a contact, and you get a call while the phone is off- you have to wait and try to view the contact's name or number through the fog that is the "drag to unlock" button.

    Since I want to know who's calling before I pick up the phone, I look to see what the caller ID says, and if they're part of my contacts, etc. This haze defeats that.

    Dear Palm,

    Fix it!!

    Thanks.
    +1
  8. d3mon187's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #8  
    Just found out this fun little problem last night when talking to my mom. I have my notification changed to a nice loud and not so short little chime. Boy did I get an earful! It's a pity there are still so many of these super obvious bugs in the phone, because I'm really loving this phone for the most part.
  9. #9  
    not a bug. treos did that by design too.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  10. pakuz_757's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    not a bug. treos did that by design too.
    Although treos gave you the option to delay the notification....maybe the next update.
  11. #11  
    Why not just use the ringer switch?
  12. erod550's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #12  
    So we should have to turn off our ringer every time we make a phone call or fear damage to our eardrums from the full volume tone in our ear? That may work as a temporary workaround, but it is certainly not a valid long-term solution.

    And yes, the other caller can hear it. I was outside on a city street and got a text while I was on the phone and the person commented on being able to hear it after I mumbled an obscenity about it being so loud in my ear.

    Hopefully it will be fixed in a patch. I don't want delayed notification, I just want the sound to play through the earpiece like every other phone I've owned in the past 5 years. I want to know I'm getting a message but don't want it to be full volume while the phone is on my ear.
  13. #13  
    This is a constant annoyance to me, too. There are several occasions when I have to explain to the person on the other line this weird alarm he hears when I receive a text or email. It should be fixed.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    You know what kills me? When you don't have a pic assigned to a contact, and you get a call while the phone is off- you have to wait and try to view the contact's name or number through the fog that is the "drag to unlock" button.

    Since I want to know who's calling before I pick up the phone, I look to see what the caller ID says, and if they're part of my contacts, etc. This haze defeats that.

    Dear Palm,

    Fix it!!

    Thanks.
    I also would like them to address this. Maybe move the caller info on incoming calls up a bit so the lock screen isn't right on top of it.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Why not just use the ringer switch?
    A more automated solution in this case would be more elegant. Otherwise someone would have to remember to move the ringer switch every time they took a call.
  16. #16  
    Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to make the phone application route all sounds through whatever sound system the call is going through. More than likely this was just an oversight by Palm.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer

Posting Permissions