Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    I still have to wonder about people who want camera phones to be silent. The privacy implications are just too great, camera phones need sounds IMO, so people in the locker room can tell if you're sending a text or taking a picture. And that's just one example.

You don't need to be taking pictures in class anyway. Millions of people have successfully completed classes of all levels without ever taking pictures during lectures, you can too.
    Paranoid much? That might make sense on a smartphone if the mute camera sounds option wasn't already avaiable on a gazillion OTHER phones -- like my old Katana!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Paranoid much? That might make sense on a smartphone if the mute camera sounds option wasn't already avaiable on a gazillion OTHER phones -- like my old Katana!
    On blackberries the camera shutter sound cant be disabled for this reason though there are third-party apps that can be installed to mute it.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Pandora doesn't care about the mute switch either.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Please keep the mute switch the way it is. Or at the very least, make it an option to have it mute everything or act in the default manner. I want to be able to silence the ringer and still be able to hear my alarm as others have mentioned. If you're really trying to be quiet, why would you launch apps that will make sound like videos or Pandora without headphones? Just doesn't make any sense to me. It's kind of hard to "accidentally" play a video, and just about every app can be closed quickly before it finishes loading if you happen to accidentally click on the wrong app in the launcher.

I am glad the OP asked this question though as I was wondering the same thing for the same reason someone else mentioned in that I was trying to take a picture of my cat and the sound scared her. I have had the option to turn off the shutter sound on every phone with a camera I have ever owned and it's disappointing that the Pre does not have that option.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The mute switch is a perfect solution to the op's problem. Why would you want to go into some menu to specifically turn off the sound when you can simply flip a switch, take your pics, and flip the switch back.

It amazes me that people want a much harder drawn out solution to the existing one.
    The OP is asking for a way to permanently disable the camera sound. Read that again in case you didn't understand it the first time.

Why would you want to flip a switch, take your pics, then flip the switch back every time you wanted to take a picture, when you could simply go into some menu one time and disable the camera sound permanently?

It amazes me that people are willing to live with a much harder drawn out solution rather than ask for a better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The mute switch is a perfect solution to the op's problem. Why would you want to go into some menu to specifically turn off the sound when you can simply flip a switch, take your pics, and flip the switch back.

It amazes me that people want a much harder drawn out solution to the existing one.
    I've never used a shutter sound on any camera I have ever used. There is no point to it.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    complainers.....
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    complainers.....
    That seems redundant.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12