Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    i think you missed my point.
    haha :d
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    Is all that other stuff inside your back cover for the Touchstone? Never seen one...
    Yes
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been said already.

But the touchstone battery cover is pretty much updated to STOP the creaks.
    If you look inside the thing they added some kind of "bumps" to keep the cover from pressing down. Thats why many say that when they switched to that cover the creaks stopped.

BUT, at least in MY case the craks came back after a few days. So I put some electric tape that is sticky on both sides (used mostly for outside use) around the bottom edges all kreaks stopped. I mean I press as hard as can and it is solid, you get a whole different user experience let me tell you!
    I can not even get mine open anyway. I feel like you need a third hand to really get it open.
    no problems with mine
    k
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    Sorry if this has been said already.

But the touchstone battery cover is pretty much updated to STOP the creaks.
    If you look inside the thing they added some kind of "bumps" to keep the cover from pressing down. Thats why many say that when they switched to that cover the creaks stopped.

BUT, at least in MY case the craks came back after a few days. So I put some electric tape that is sticky on both sides (used mostly for outside use) around the bottom edges all kreaks stopped. I mean I press as hard as can and it is solid, you get a whole different user experience let me tell you!
    What if...

A) you don't have or plan to get the touchstone?
    B) you don't have double-sided electrical tape?

What can I use to stop this squeaking/creaking? Itz very subtle but very annoying...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    OMG....if you know what i'm saying...you know what i'm saying. If you don't , this post isn't for you.

BTW, got my Pre launch day, no returns, no regrets.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    i got my cover to stop creaking.. but my keyboard is less fortunate.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I remove my cover 3 or 4 times a day. I use my PRE hard all day, I carry 4 batteries. one gets low I change it. I have insurance for this reason, my PRE breaks they'll replace it. I also did not buy the touch stone, found the price too high. My secret, I bought centro charges on Ebay for $6 each, bought 2, I get home from work plug them in with batteries, plug in USB I have 3 batteries charging and the next day I'm good to go. I listen to streaming audio, I email all day, I chat, I text. I bought this phone for it's features I'll be damn if I'm going to baby it.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prephil View Post
    I remove my cover 3 or 4 times a day. I use my PRE hard all day, I carry 4 batteries. one gets low I change it. .
    With how long it takes the Pre to reboot, your must spend at least 15 minutes a day looking at the flashing Palm logo.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I've had mine off several times as well. Never a problem.
    mine creaks when texting. I didnt like the back cover from day one. Hell, I thought I was breaking it just opening it the 1st time.
    Creaks? Really?
    You folks are awfully sensitive. It is a plastic device, right?

The trick to popping the rear cover is your fingernail.
    Press the button and slide your thumbnail around the circumference of the case and it just pops off with no effort.
    My keyboard stopped working one night. I did a partial reset and then couldn't get the profile logged in to because it still did not work. I was mentally preparing to take it back, when I decided to try a battery pull. Lo and behold, the keyboard began working again, and hasn't quit since. Had I not pulled the cover off I'd have wasted my time in a Pre swap. No creaks for me, but then I have the Touchstone cover. I think that in itself is an upgrade!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBiggles View Post
    What if...

A) you don't have or plan to get the touchstone?
    B) you don't have double-sided electrical tape?

What can I use to stop this squeaking/creaking? Itz very subtle but very annoying...
    If you don't plan on getting the Touchstone, go to Home Depot/Lowes and grab some double-sided tape. I think its like $2 and it will save your sanity.

I know there are all kinds on here calling us whiners, crybabys, but believe me I feel your pain. I started the thread!

ps - I got a Touchstone, problem solved. Plus the Touchstone is the greatest accessory ever!
    Yeah, I don't care for the crummy glossy standard backplate either. It shows scratches way too easily. The touchstone back cover is just a whole lot nicer and feels nicer, grippier.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I've had 5 Pres (soon to be 6). On 2 of them, I've had the seriously creaking battery door after I removed it for the first time to swap batteries.
    Sorry to go offtopic a little, but that amazes me. I must have a really high tolerance for problems or something. I'm using the same one I picked up at the shady Sprint store where I went to change my service and buy the thing. I've had almost no oreo effect, no problem with the battery dislodging, no problem with cracks near the button on the front. I used it without a touchstone back, and didn't notice the creaking for the whole month I did that. The only thing I worried about was that USB flap door, but that never broke like I suspected it would.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    People need to realize not every device is going to have the same issues before they say things like "What's wrong with you, my phone is fine", etc.

I'm having the same problem with the creaking back cover, and it's definitely beyond a typical issue. The creaking is not minor, it gets in the way of the user experience when sending text messages or typing long URL's.

If the touchstone cover fixes the issue, that's great! I've been trying the electrical tape method, but haven't yet tried double sided tape. Hopefully that will help before I purchase the touchstone/back cover.
    When I noticed creaking from my cover and looked closely, I noticed that I didn't have one of the tabs on the side of the back cover in all the way. The tab wouldn't go in and catch the rest of the body any more because the cover became warped. I fixed the cover by heating it in hot water and squeezing the sides back toward the center.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast