Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've taken off my battery cover and it creaks a lot. I have a hunch though, since the phone gets hot occasionally could the heat be warping the plastic?
    My phone creaks a lot as well, but I noticed once I put my hard rubberized case on the phone the creaks stopped.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326 View Post
    me too... creaks like crazy.. but i realized that it's actually not the cover.. it's the hardware underneath the battery .. if you take the cover off ... you can push on teh hardware and it will squeak.

Ok, just took off my cover again and confirmed my phone is solid with no cover on... no creaks/clicks. Nice & Solid.

Put the cover back on and argghh! Creaky, creaks, clicks WTF
    I have removed my battery cover a number of times and mine does not make any sound when using the keyboard.
    Just a little bit of painters tape (2 slices) carefully placed gets rid of the creaky creaks. Same thing worked on the back of my HTC Touch that had a creak on the right back side...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    Just a little bit of painters tape (2 slices) carefully placed gets rid of the creaky creaks. Same thing worked on the back of my HTC Touch that had a creak on the right back side...
    Is all that other stuff inside your back cover for the Touchstone? Never seen one...
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Its not the phone... Once you remove the cover and swap your battery(I do it once per day) you have to press on the back firmly on on four corners. I had same sound until I realized I wasn't putting the cover back on correctly and I use the touchstone back also.....

Grea phone and love it, now bring on the apps!!!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    On a related note, I just discovered that if you never open the slider you won't get the oreo effect.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    On a related note, I just discovered that if you never open the slider you won't get the oreo effect.

Not true. The first thing I did was check when I opened the box at Best Buy was check the "Oreo" effect and it was worse than the one I was returning. This was before I slid open my phone, wiseass
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    Not true. The first thing I did was check when I opened the box at Best Buy was check the "Oreo" effect and it was worse than the one I was returning. This was before I slid open my phone, wiseass
    I think you missed my point.
    It has never happen to me, may be user related?
    imex99:
    Its not the phone... Once you remove the cover and swap your battery(I do it once per day) you have to press on the back firmly on on four corners. I had same sound until I realized I wasn't putting the cover back on correctly and I use the touchstone back also.....

Grea phone and love it, now bring on the apps!!!
    imex99 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
    Hope you find a cure!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Why are you guys pulling the battery? You know there are two ways to reset the phone. 1) Hold the On/Off button and slide the switch next to it back and forth 4-5 times. 2) Hold Orange key + Sym + R
    I've removed my back several times to swap another battery. No problems that I can tell.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by T0F3R View Post
    Why are you guys pulling the battery? You know there are two ways to reset the phone. 1) Hold the On/Off button and slide the switch next to it back and forth 4-5 times. 2) Hold Orange key + Sym + R
    Some people use multiple batteries to get through longer periods of heavy usage without recharging.
    This will be a problem for me too if i get multiple batteries to get through the day.
    I've had 5 Pres (soon to be 6). On 2 of them, I've had the seriously creaking battery door after I removed it for the first time to swap batteries.
    For some reason I got this horrible image of people "pulling the battery" to reset the phone as you would on a dumb phone. That's what I've known that term to mean.
    I'm currently waiting for the Innocell 2600 mAh battery from seidio.com for that particular reason that I don't want to carry 3-4 extra batteries and be swapping out all the time.
  18.    #38  
    I remove it to put the Invisishield on, I'm too paranoid about the water getting in there...
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    LOL!

I discovered if you never remove the phone from the box or touch it, or use you will not have any issues at all. In fact its a perfect Pre.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I've had to reset my phone by pulling the battery one time. The phone was completely unresponsive with the screen off. All the reset buttons/switches didn't work. They only way to get it back was pulling the battery.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast