Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    So I walked into my Texas sprint store (won't say which) complaining about battery issues to see what they could do for me.

Since I am beyond my 30 days, they couldn't do a swap, but recommended possibly that a new battery would fix things.

He brought out a new pre box from the back, took the battery out, gave it to me and said "hopefully this battery is better". He told me to compare the two batteries, and if both maintained my current crappy battery life, it could be a hardware issue. (my phone on standby loses 2% every 10-15 minutes).

Gotta love a free $40 battery courtesy of sprint!
    What is yoir email interval set at? How is your signal?
    Biggest battery drainer I've noticed is staying signed into IM services as just quitting the app doesn't sign you out.
    I came in thinking you made a thread about a contest to give away a free battery.

I leave a sad panda.

Congrats on your free battery though... ya *******.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    I came in thinking you made a thread about a contest to give away a free battery.

I leave a sad panda.

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by walter e kurtz View Post
    i came in thinking you made a thread about a contest to give away a free battery.

I leave a sad panda.

congrats on your free battery though... Ya *******.
    roflmao
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    What is yoir email interval set at? How is your signal?
    I have an imap email set to push and an exchange email set to check every 6 hours.

Signal is what worries me. So far it fluctuates between 1 bar EVDO and 3-4 bars EVDO. Most of the time its on the low end of that scale.

Any suggestions?
    i use the seidio....which is a very good battery imo
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Biggest battery drainer I've noticed is staying signed into IM services as just quitting the app doesn't sign you out.
    This is certainly the most often-cited knee-jerk reason for poor battery life. Officially: I have no IM service installed or running on my Pre, and I'm in the poor-battery-life group.

I love my Pre, and I wouldn't give it up for anything else out there, but battery life is a problem for some units regardless of IM, GPS, push/pull email, the alignment of Saturn and Venus, or the menstrual cycle of the South African manatee.

This is either an inherent hardware problem, or it's related directly to reception and the need to hunt for a signal. It is NOT merely a configuration issue, because I get essentially the same poor battery life if I turn everything off and make my Pre into a dumbphone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    This is certainly the most often-cited knee-jerk reason for poor battery life. Officially: I have no IM service installed or running on my Pre, and I'm in the poor-battery-life group.

I love my Pre, and I wouldn't give it up for anything else out there, but battery life is a problem for some units regardless of IM, GPS, push/pull email, the alignment of Saturn and Venus, or the menstrual cycle of the South African manatee.

This is either an inherent hardware problem, or it's related directly to reception and the need to hunt for a signal. It is NOT merely a configuration issue, because I get essentially the same poor battery life if I turn everything off and make my Pre into a dumbphone.
    +1
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

I leave a sad panda.

lol same here
    I went into store got a new Pre and the "Correct" battery but it still randomly shuts down. But even weirder and a reason to believe that no special battery is going to fix this issue is that it randomly shuts down when it's left alone and sitting on a solid surface. This was also true for the original Pre I had.

So tell me, are any of you guys experiencing this as well? Because I'd really like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I went into store got a new Pre and the "Correct" battery but it still randomly shuts down. But even weirder and a reason to believe that no special battery is going to fix this issue is that it randomly shuts down when it's left alone and sitting on a solid surface. This was also true for the original Pre I had.

So tell me, are any of you guys experiencing this as well? Because I'd really like to know.
    check the corners of the battery..are there grooves in them?
    mmmmm, free batteries - we need some free batteries - and external chargers. Just as a way of saying sorry ;-).

Just kidding, my pre works now and i'm happy; but it was SO tempting to take the batteries out of the pres i exchanged... But alas, i have morals and they didn't offer them.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

I leave a sad panda.

Now that is great humor!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

I leave a sad panda.

Meh, that's nothin I got THREE free batteries

I am on Pre #4 and this current Pre's issue (beyong the MAJOR oreo-inf effect that the other three DIDN'T have) is the random shut offs like you describe. Sometimes after I slide open/close the keyboard and sometimes just because a bird flies buy or something. I love this phone. Clearly I do or I wouldn't be on #4!!!!
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Mine had the battery issue. Took it in...said they will replace it once they get new phones in...should be later this week. So I get a brand new Pre in the process...hopefully the most recent build date as well.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I have the same issue, shuts down while sitting on my desk. I called sprint tech and they said i needed a new pre and that they never heard of battery issues. Called the store where i got it and they told me there is no such issues with the batteries. He said i would have to swap my pre. I do not want to swap it because I have a good one after three tries. Said they will not swap battery only. Any suggestions. Plus i dont want to have to get another Invisible shield.
    Can I call Sprint & tell them about this issue so they can mail me a new battery?
    Follow Me On

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast