View Poll Results: Palm says your Pre gets 12.5 days battery life. Who gets that much?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12.5 days? I can't consistently get 1 day from the standard battery!

126 62.07%
  • I usually get between 1-2 days out of the standard battery.

70 34.48%
  • I have no problems getting 3-4 days out of the standard battery.

5 2.46%
  • My Pre works great! I get 5-9 days from the standard battery!

0 0%
  • My Pre is better than great. I get 10-12 days from the standard battery.

0 0%
  • My Pre is perfect; I get the full 12.5 days.

2 0.99%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Palm says the Sprint Pre can get 12.5 days battery life here (under specifications-- 300 hours standby time from the standard battery). How many of you actually get the battery life promised?

Please answer the poll honestly so that we can get an accurate picture if the battery problems reported are real. Also, there have been reported problems with the battery meter accuracy. Please only post full run times that you have achieved. Do no extrapolate. For example, my Pre once stayed at 100% for more than 9 hours. If I extrapolated that would equal 38 days! But I actually only achieved 31 hours before the Pre ran out (See this thread). So only report times that you have actually achieved from full charge to empty.
    Maybe on Mercury. In Earth days I'm LUCKY to get one whole one in...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have gone about day and half with bluetooth, GPS aways and WIFI on when I think about it at home. Last night I was getting 20% left notification.
    I find the battery life a little disapointing, but it's not terrible. With bluetooth wifi and location services off, I make it through the day with about 30% left under light usage. Turn some of those things on and I'm hurting. What can you do I guess.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I'm sure "Standby" means Airplane mode
    If Palm does indeed mean "Airplane mode" when they say standby, I think it's pretty disingenuous. Most if not all cellphone users would consider standby as "standing by waiting for a call". Having a phone like the Pre sitting in Airplane mode for 12 days is pretty useless.

I will say, though, that no matter what Palm claims the battery life to be, I find it to be pretty decent.
    My phone makes it through the day, usually with about 10-20 percent left. I put in on the charger at 11pm or so, and take it off at 6am. As long as it has 5 percent left at night, I am fine.

By the way...................................buy another battery if you are worried.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    With light to moderate usage daily (wi-fi on) I have to charge it 2-3 times a day. But thats me I feel uncomfortable under 35%.

I charge it at the security desk when I get to work, and on my lunch break I give it a top off when I get home, then it usually sits idle when i'm at home (I use my netbook for internet) and I charge overnight.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    In airplane mode, I drop around 3-4% every 12 hours. That is easily 300 hours of standby.
    No. The definition of standby is phone radio on.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    By the way...................................buy another battery if you are worried.
    Yeah, I have three.
    Heres my experience.

Currently on standby (phone on, bluetooth on but not connected, and AIM on) the battery drain is about 2-3% per hour in good 5bar signal zone. thats roughly 30-50hrs on standy..

same phone status but in 0-2bar signal zones it drains roughly 7-8%

Now if i had everything off except the phone itself on with 5bars.. it drains 1% every hour..

Airplane mode after 8hours drained 2% for me. (had to conserve battery one night when i didnt have access to my charger but still needed the phone to be on for the alarm)
    When I leave me phone on overnight (at least 8 hours), without charging, and with only the CDMA radio on (wifi/BT/messaging all off), I notice, at most, a 3% battery drop. This is with around 3-4 bars.

To me, that seems pretty good.
    Yeah, I have three.
    I have 3 I have 3....do I hear 4... got 3.3.3.3.3.3. do I hear 4........
    I get 2.5 days if I run it down to empty.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    some of you pay to much attention to your battery and how it drains in different situations...
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    some of you pay to much attention to your battery and how it drains in different situations...
    agreed. Mine lasts from when I unplug it in the morning (between 9 and 11) and usually still has 5%-20% when I plug it in around 1-3am. Plus if I ever really need to, I'm almost always around a usb port I could charge it with.
    I'm used to having to charge my phones overnight, so it's all good
    Quote Originally Posted by johntash View Post
    agreed. Mine lasts from when I unplug it in the morning (between 9 and 11) and usually still has 5%-20% when I plug it in around 1-3am. Plus if I ever really need to, I'm almost always around a usb port I could charge it with.
    I'm used to having to charge my phones overnight, so it's all good
    +1

The only way any of this will ever matter to me is when I travel, and I'll have a backup battery and at least one means of charging with me when I do. Moot.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    No. The definition of standby is phone radio on.
    Is that written down anywhere? I'm with everyone else, it's marketing talk. I'm guessing if you decide to file a class action lawsuit, Palm will put the Pre in airplane mode and your case will be dismissed.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    With little use, near a wifi router (away for just 3 hours), I am currently at 40 hours and still have a 42% charge left. Connecting to two POP3 servers every 30 minutes plus Google via Exchange. Bluetooth is turned off but wifi and phone are on.

I'm sure the wifi makes a big difference.
    No. Standby time means phone radio on. (Everything else could be off).
    So, with your definition and being genuine, you've actually tested how much standby your pre gets? You've left only the phone radio on, with the screen off, without receiving any calls, without any data being used, with nothing at all syncing in the background? And you did this in a good signal area (that's the only way to really get an accurate reading since signal strength is probably the biggest variable in battery life for any phone)?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    With little use, near a wifi router (away for just 3 hours), I am currently at 40 hours and still have a 42% charge left. Connecting to two POP3 servers every 30 minutes plus Google via Exchange. Bluetooth is turned off but wifi and phone are on.

It does if you are using it.. but the wifi radio is turned off while the screen is off.. take notice of your phone right when you turn on the screen the lil wifi indicator will be dark grey then after 1 second you will see it have 3 dots which means its trying to connect before it will light up showing as connected...
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post

Update: 56 hours (near wifi for 51 of them), down to 6% charge. (Time to plug in.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12