1.    #1  
    Kazaa Bringing HD Movie Sharing to the Palm Pre

Holy flashback to post-Napster file-sharing. Kazaa has announced that the Palm (NSDQ: PALM) Pre will be the first mobile phone to handle HD videos downloaded through their service. Like many early peer-to-peer file sharing clients that got all legally tenderized, Kazaa went the subscription route, asking for $19.95/month for unlimited music, movie, and ringtone downloads. Of course, this is all through sideloading, but a dedicated on-device app which could load itself up over Wi-Fi would be pretty handy. I’m left to wonder if, once the infrastructure is in place, we’ll start seeing mobile file sharing take off - guess we’ll have to wait for LTE, at very least.
    It's great and all, but I rather see a dedicated app or service available on the phone, and not have to use a PC just to transfer the files to your phone.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Kinda of funny they are saying HD movies when the Pre does not have an HD screen
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    It's great and all, but I rather see a dedicated app or service available on the phone, and not have to use a PC just to transfer the files to your phone.
    According to IntoMobile Palm Pre will soon be the first mobile phone to handle HD videos downloaded via Kazaa’s file sharing service, whether they will do a Palm Pre price plan is yet to be announced. Kazaa were initially an illegal peer2peer download application which in the end had to take the legal route.
    Currently Kazaa offer a $19.95/month service whch allows you to download unlimited music, movies and ringtones. The dedicated application should allow users to have this functionality via WiFi and if it really takes off we could see great advances made in mobile file-sharing.

As more details emerge we will keep you posted, check out IntoMobile for the original article.

Would you use Kazaa on your Palm Pre?
    Palm Pre: HD Movie Sharing with Kazaa : Product Reviews Net

an app is what this article is talking about.
    Is it going to install a bunch of malware like the old windows version did?
    What kind of videos?

Isn't HD a waste of the already limited storage since the screen is not even close to HD resolution??
    Here is a topic that died. Any updates on this?? What ever happened to Kazaa and bringing movies to the Pre??
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    What kind of videos?

Isn't HD a waste of the already limited storage since the screen is not even close to HD resolution??
    Totally agree.
    pre screen doesn't do hd, and the cpu/ gpu doesn't do hd so i highly doubt it will be hd movies... Also with most pre's only having 8gbs of space, hd isn't very smart...
    Yeah I kind of assumed "HD" was a misnomer in this case. But what about Kazaa bringing movies to the pre?? This announcement was back in July, I think. I would love to legally download a preformatted movie from time-to-time.