Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Wow, I waited a month to see what you guys had to say, and the verdict is in. Drop the 160$ a month bill and BB Curve on Verizon, and switch to the Palm Pre on Sprint for 100/ momth SEP. Can't beat it, I am pumped!!!! What should I expect Pre users, both Pro and Con.
    Reading the forum a bit will tell you everything you need to know. There is a great deal of information here already, as well as tips and tricks to get the most out of your new Pre. Welcome!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Expect to wait a week or more to get a Pre. I'm still waiting.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polen View Post
    I had a sales rep put one aside for me today, I will pick it up first thing tomorrow. I hope you get yours sooner. Beer, guns, and chicken my friend. Take care!!
    Glad you didn't let all the negative posts scare you away, there are more of us not having problems than are.

Enjoy the Pre, you're gonna' love it!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Glad you didn't let all the negative posts scare you away, there are more of us not having problems than are.

Enjoy the Pre, you're gonna' love it!
    Funny, I had an IPhone 3G (more like .5G) for 4 months, then gave it to my girlfriend. I'M SO PUMPED FOR MY PRE.
    Yeah, I don't miss my iPhone at all.
    I'm not anti-iPhone, it think it's a fantastic device, I just think the Pre is better.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Welcome! I'm sure you will love the pre
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfarag View Post
    I had a sales rep put one aside for me today, I will pick it up first thing tomorrow. I hope you get yours sooner. Beer, guns, and chicken my friend. Take care!!
    I called them today and I'm 6th on the list, so hopefully I'll get one in the next 2 days.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    You won't be sorry with your decision. I was one that had a couple of problems but Sprint took very good care of me. I swapped my launch day Pre with a new one tonight (and improved my 'warranty date' (aka manufacturer date?) by about 30 days) and my new handset (thus far) is ROCK SOLID! Palm backup worked great with a few shortcomings that are documented elsewhere on this board. I even bought a second touchstone for the office (and gave the second tacky back to my wife so we can both charge on the touchstone at home). =)

This is a great device that will only get better with time given the SDK and pent up interest in developing for the new palm os. If I'm not mistaken, Palm was the first to this app party having supported developers long before iFon was even on the drawing board. AAPL took it to the next level by centralizing/simplifying distribution and now Palm is poised to compete quite well. As the apps start coming in, the Pre only gets better and better. The NOW Network from Sprint is the BEST 3G network in the US (not to mention they're already working on 4G). WebOS and synergy is awesome! I was just about to head the iFon route until I learned of the Pre shortly after the announcement at CES. I didn't want to leave Sprint but I wanted the iFon interface. iFon is a great device. I hesitated only because first gen didn't support the business user very well. Glad I held off. My patience was rewarded.

Have fun!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Try going to your local Best Buy. I had a rep call me today and they said they had them in stock. i had one reserved for me but another Best Buy got them sooner so i bought it over there.
    Pro:
    webOS kicks ***
    The user interface is great
    Synergy is cool and has lots of promise (needs some tweaking)
    really, webOS in general has lots of promise
    The screen is great
    Sprint's pricing rocks

Cons:
    The hardware you get might be shoddy or it might be fine
    Lack of apps
    Overall maturity (or lack thereof) of the platform, which is to be expected of a 1.0 platform

Go in with reasonable expectations and you'll love it.
    Lots of complainers out here... I got my launch Monday.... Love it. I'm waiting for apps and am not worried... There are so many developers dying to get MOJO... I never play in the stock market (mutual funds are so much safer...) , but for the first time in my 45 years, I bought just over $3,000 at about $16 per share... Let's see if I get rich or toss it away...

Enjoy your pre!!
    Did you get it yet?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    WooHoo, Sprint just gave me the call, heading in to get my first Pre.
    -Polen
    WooHoo, Sprint just gave me the call, heading in to get my first Pre.
    Yay! Let us know what you think after you have pre in hand. Enjoy
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Loving it, the guy at the Sprint store helped me setup Exchange to get all my contacts and everthing just worked, even my pictures from exchange. Gota go, the Pre is calling me, its saying, "hold me, hold me" LOL
    -Polen
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Oh, and the guy also gave me a $30 credit if I bought a Touchstone. Nice Sales person. He tried to sell it to me and I was like, It's pricey, I can get it for $50 on the web.
    -Polen
    bottom line:

first impression with be omg this is the best phone ever

after a couple hours to 2 days: you will get aggrovated with a few small missing features and learning navigation

final evaluation: omg this is the best phone ever.

b/c it really is, this phone is not really even the same league as the iphone, anyone who disagrees is either:
    1. iphone fanboy
    2. someone who writes off any touch screen as an iphone knock off
    3. never actually used a pre.
  20. TFT
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    bottom line:

first impression with be omg this is the best phone ever

after a couple hours to 2 days: you will get aggrovated with a few small missing features and learning navigation

final evaluation: omg this is the best phone ever.

b/c it really is, this phone is not really even the same league as the iphone, anyone who disagrees is either:
    1. iphone fanboy
    2. someone who writes off any touch screen as an iphone knock off
    3. never actually used a pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast