Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  

I decided to fix the creaky keyboard. I glued the clips on the back of the trim (behind the phone under the battery cover) to hold it in place on the left side. BUT, I got a lil' bit of glue on the side of the slider.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove it??? LOL...Krazy Glue does not come off easily.

Rubbing alcohol didn't work...scared to try nail polish remover.

AND YES I am an *****
    Last edited by temperamentalman; 07/07/2009 at 09:23 PM.
    Razor blade works... Just be careful
    Doh! sorry to hear about that mishap. Hope you can get the glue removed.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Razor blade works... Just be careful
    Now that I did NOT think of. I was thinking chemical...chemical...chemical lol...

I'll try that here in a few. Maybe the touchstone will heat it up enough to melt LOL
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I'll send you some good vibes, bro.
    nail polish remover
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    nail polish remover
    Nail polish remover won't melt/discolor the phone???
    Some surgery with a sharp craft knife would be your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    I decided to fix the creaky keyboard. I glued the clips on the back of the trim (behind the phone under the battery cover) to hold it in place on the left side. BUT, I got a lil' bit of glue on the side of the slider.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove it??? LOL...Krazy Glue does not come off easily.

Rubbing alcohol didn't work...scared to try nail polish remover.

AND YES I am an *****
    y would u try and fix the keyboard....come on man?
  10.    #10  
    Yeah I'm going to try that next. It's not too bad so hopefully it will come right off without taking any of the phone with it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    y would u try and fix the keyboard....come on man?
    I never said it was one of my brighter moments!? LOL...but the creaking is gone completely...

Looks like I ejaculated on the phone ... but it doesn't creak! LMAO
    The krazy glue melted to the plastic. Don't go into this hobby knife/straight razor endeavor thinking there is some plane between the evil krazy glue and the virgin plastic of the phone. It's entirely likely that the knife work will make it look worse.

I'd suggest trying an emery board/finger nail file and file it down.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    The krazy glue melted to the plastic. Don't go into this hobby knife/straight razor endeavor thinking there is some plane between the evil krazy glue and the virgin plastic of the phone. It's entirely likely that the knife work will make it look worse.

Looks like this might just be something I have to live with. Black Sharpie marker anyone? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post

Hopefully he used one of the crappy glues that doesn't melt the plastic to bond it.

OP, let us know how it goes...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hopefully he used one of the crappy glues that doesn't melt the plastic to bond it.

OP, let us know how it goes...
    Will do. I'll post some pics here in a sec....obviously with it still on lol
  16.    #16  
    Posted pic on first post...
    I'll start off by saying I'm not a model builder, but you might want to google some of the techniques they use. I like the emery board idea if the sharp knife does not work. If the emery board is slow going, you might be able to use a Dremel rotary tool (but only use low speeds so you don't melt or burn the plastic).

The glue is not interfering with the operation of the slider, is it?
    (Hopefully the pictures will tell more of the story.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I'll start off by saying I'm not a model builder, but you might want to google some of the techniques they use. I like the emery board idea if the sharp knife does not work. If the emery board is slow going, you might be able to use a Dremel rotary tool (but only use low speeds so you don't melt or burn the plastic).

The glue is not interfering with the operation of the slider, is it?
    (Hopefully the pictures will tell more of the story.)
    No ... not interfering with the slider at all. I'm probably just going to live with it. I don't want to make matters worse. Pic posted in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Nail polish remover won't melt/discolor the phone???
    Best to test that on a hidden part, like under the battery door (start small, with a cotton swab).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Razor blade while wearing loupes or specs....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast