Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That's either a Peter Griffin or a Homer Simpson move...can't decide.

Good luck bro, and I hope you bought the TEP. Nail Polish remover will defiantly soften the glue, but so it will the plastic.

Apparently, there's Super Glue remover but I'n not sure what it's made of and if it'll ruin the plastic.Link here

Also, try some Vaseline...
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 07/07/2009 at 11:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Just sand it with some fine sandpaper, than follow with black shoe polish. Or get some touch up paint with small brush buikt in. Simple, send me the phone abd I will make it look brand new for free. I'm serious.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    "Looks like I ejaculated on the phone ... but it doesn't creak! LMAO"

OK, so it doesn't creak, but how about the phone?
    THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Also, try some Vaseline...
    Coupled with THIS:

"Looks like I ejaculated on the phone ... but it doesn't creak!"

ROFLMAO! I know, silly. But funny!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Well, I hope your Pre is in good condition after that.

I see on the pic that you are using bestskinsever, I just install them on my Pre around 9pm last night, how do you like them so far?

BTW, you live about 35 minutes from me, glad to see a fellow NC Pre owner
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    No ... not interfering with the slider at all. I'm probably just going to live with it. I don't want to make matters worse. Pic posted in the first post.
    You should ask Sprint for a 15% discount on your TEP. That looks like a pretty good theft-deterrent-device to me! ;-)

EDIT:
    - I just noticed your post after fixing/camouflaging. That looks pretty good!
    ? What's the dot on the left side of the gesture area about? (I initially thought that was a gob of glue, but I see it's still in the "aftermath" picture, so probably not.)
    Last edited by sudoer; 07/08/2009 at 08:13 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    ... to fix the creaky keyboard. I glued the clips on the back of the trim (behind the phone under the battery cover) to hold it in place on the left side. ...
    Maybe you can post a fix to the mod. (I thought about suggesting that you patent the idea, but it's too late for that since you already described the fix publicly.)
    ...AND YES I am an *****
    Hardly! It's more like you are a genius, and a good man. Not many people are willing to sacrifice their Pre's in the name of science!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    "Looks like I ejaculated on the phone ...
    Pre-ejaculation? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Well, I hope your Pre is in good condition after that.

I see on the pic that you are using bestskinsever, I just install them on my Pre around 9pm last night, how do you like them so far?

BTW, you live about 35 minutes from me, glad to see a fellow NC Pre owner
    After further inspection to the picture posted, I see that you are not using a bestskinsever, still glad to see on precentral another person from NC
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Sorry to hear about the super glue issues you had.

As for the creaking key board, I placed a piece of blue painters tape on the inside of the battery cover, where the creak was coming from. Seems to have painlessly solved the problem.
  11.    #51  
    Invisible shield! So far so good. And definitely good to see another NC!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123