Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah, you know I kinda have to take issue with all of the homemade fixes that have been touted with regards to fixing the keyboard/slider issues. First, it leads to ... well... the problem you now have (which is a fairly botched attempt). But, more importantly: Unless we report these issues to Palm, exchange the phones with faulty hardware, and generally lodge our dissatisfaction in some applicable way... then the build quality of our beloved pre is unlikely to improve.

I'm devoted enough to this device to NOT try to take on these build issues on my own. I think somewhere along the line, if enough of us continue to exchange pres, Palm will address the build issues and THAT can only be a good thing.

Sermon over.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    You could always take it to a jewler and see what they can do. They got all those little tools.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Yeah, you know I kinda have to take issue with all of the homemade fixes that have been touted with regards to fixing the keyboard/slider issues. First, it leads to ... well... the problem you now have (which is a fairly botched attempt). But, more importantly: Unless we report these issues to Palm, exchange the phones with faulty hardware, and generally lodge our dissatisfaction in some applicable way... then the build quality of our beloved pre is unlikely to improve.

I'm devoted enough to this device to NOT try to take on these build issues on my own. I think somewhere along the line, if enough of us continue to exchange pres, Palm will address the build issues and THAT can only be a good thing.

Sermon over.
    LOL yes dear.
  4.    #24  
    For those of you that may have wondered???

DO NOT PUT NAIL POLISH REMOVER ON YOUR PRE

LMAO...ummm...the glue is gone!!! YAY!!! But so is part of the phone.
    Not too sure about going with the razor blade technique.... Might permanently damage the phone. Nail polish remover will work, however these days they don't come with acetone (supposedly may lead to some side effects systemically)

If you can find a place which sales acetone alone (not nail polish remover) that would be you best bet (don't worry about possible side effects that acetone may have on you b/c its not like you will use it every day from here on out)

I don't think that either acetone or nail polish remover will damage the phone, but I am not 100% positive.

Best of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post

Looks like I ejaculated on the phone ... but it doesn't creak! LMAO
    Looks like another selling point for the Pre, ease of one-handed operation.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

For those of you that may have wondered???

DO NOT PUT NAIL POLISH REMOVER ON YOUR PRE

LMAO...ummm...the glue is gone!!! YAY!!! But so is part of the phone.
    Any pics of the aftermath? Hopefully its not too bad =/
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    denatured alcohol.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
  9.    #29  

The aftermath...LOL
    What about Goo Gone GooGone Goo Gone 4oz Bottle ?

I don't kow that I've specifically used it on Krazy Glue, but I do use it to remove all kinds of adhesives and it works like a champ.
  11.    #31  
    Well...note to self...do NOT use KrazyGlue on phone! Apparently some of it got on my fingers and got on the left side. Second note to self...DO NOT USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER! But, after all is said and done, the glue is gone, and a $1.00 Sharpie restored the color! LOL til it rubs off. But ... as seen in the pic above, very hard to see
    Why don't you try Goo Gone. I think you can get it at Walmart. I know I used it a couple time to get the glue of price tag off plastic before. It is safe and non toxic. I can't hurt.
    black marker or black nail polish so its glossy
    Well...note to self...do NOT use KrazyGlue on phone! Apparently some of it got on my fingers and got on the left side. Second note to self...DO NOT USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER! But, after all is said and done, the glue is gone, and a $1.00 Sharpie restored the color! LOL til it rubs off. But ... as seen in the pic above, very hard to see
    And... is the squeak still gone? (Glad you were able to cammoflage w/sharpie)
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Why don't you just chuck the phone as hard as you can on the floor and file an insuance claim.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    And... is the squeak still gone? (Glad you were able to cammoflage w/sharpie)
    Yeah the squeak is gone. The trim for the keyboard was loose as can be on the left. Apparently enough of the glue actually got in there to hold it.

This teaches me to leave well enough alone and return it for replacement next time. If you don't know it's there it's hard to tell there was ever a problem. BUT, better safe than sorry on the next repair ticket.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoa2000 View Post
    Why don't you just chuck the phone as hard as you can on the floor and file an insuance claim.
    LMAO thought about it.
    LMAO thought about it.
    All kidding a side, you should try GOO GONE.
    isn't the creaky keyboard more of an issue w/ the backing flexing, and thus rubbing on the edges? at least, it is for me
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    They do make a super glue remover, its designed to disolve it.
    Bondini brush on remover, its an acetone gel
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast