Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just saw a new Palm Pre ad on TV! All new, not flow! It showed the same girl looking at the screen talking about the Pre... Very cool!

Dylan Seeger- 14 years of music
    www.twitter.com/dylanseeger
    Last edited by musika; 07/09/2009 at 01:36 PM.
    I saw one last night that I hadn't seen before. Had like a white blocky looking thing with all the multi-media features/music/etc. then it (the white blocky thing) turned and there was a girl and a pre. It was an eye catching ad. Made me want to get "that" phone. Imagine my bliss when I found it was a pre commercial Is that the one you saw?
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    anyone got a link?
    Good, the current ones suck and make me want to return the Pre LOL.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musika View Post
    I just saw a new Palm Pre ad on TV! All new, not flow! It showed the same girl looking at the screen talking about the Pre... Very cool!
    LOL! I just saw it, too, this very minute on CBS. She talked about seeing a juggler and all the balls he had in the air but still being able to handle them and said something about this being like her life and turned to her Pre and began swiping away.
    at least they took my suggestion, kept the girl and will use her to tell a longer story . Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    anyone got a link?
    Did not see the ad which the OP mentioned but here is a nice one (I just googled "new palm pre commercial" and searched their videos

Removed first link due to browser (loop) problems SORRY!

or

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9m...print_creation
    Last edited by kmehr; 07/07/2009 at 10:55 PM.
    I saw it this evening, I believe on MSNBC. Sharon's description is accurate. I wasn't as impressed, struck me as "naked lady babbling about phone"! :-) If you really pay attention she has two thin straps on her shoulders holding up a wrap, however. There are some Pre ads on Youtube, but they've been up for a month or more and none of them are the one I saw (and I hadn't seen the older ones). This link on the Palm website suggests you can see their ads, but I haven't been able to get it to work:

The Palm Pre Ad and behind the scenes : Palm USA
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    I saw one last night that I hadn't seen before. Had like a white blocky looking thing with all the multi-media features/music/etc. then it (the white blocky thing) turned and there was a girl and a pre. It was an eye catching ad. Made me want to get "that" phone. Imagine my bliss when I found it was a pre commercial Is that the one you saw?
    That's Sprint's commercial for the Pre, versus Palm's commercials. The blocky thing is a stage set that sort of has openings in it for various aspects of your online life, like Facebook. The Sprint commercial goes to the heart of using the Pre for all it's various social apps, etc. whereas the Palm commercials are more ethereal and relative to balancing your life.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Been pretty sad with the marketing campaign so far. It's good they are doing commercials, but frankly it would be nice if they actually showed off the features.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Did not see the ad which the OP mentioned but here is a nice one (I just googled "new palm pre commercial" and searched their videos
    Dude! Your first link just made my browser go bonkers like it was being infected. The infinite loop syndrome with no way to shut it down and multiple windows opening!

It could be an IE 8 thang, but jeez!
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    That's Sprint's commercial for the Pre, versus Palm's commercials. The blocky thing is a stage set that sort of has openings in it for various aspects of your online life, like Facebook. The Sprint commercial goes to the heart of using the Pre for all it's various social apps, etc. whereas the Palm commercials are more ethereal and relative to balancing your life.
    Thanks for clarifying which one it was. I would have to say then that Sprint has the right idea, because that commercial got my attention
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBinOK View Post
    I saw it this evening, I believe on MSNBC. Sharon's description is accurate. I wasn't as impressed, struck me as "naked lady babbling about phone"! :-) If you really pay attention she has two thin straps on her shoulders holding up a wrap, however. There are some Pre ads on Youtube, but they've been up for a month or more and none of them are the one I saw (and I hadn't seen the older ones). This link on the Palm website suggests you can see their ads, but I haven't been able to get it to work:

The Palm Pre Ad and behind the scenes : Palm USA
    It's the same woman from the first Palm Pre ad that is surrounded by the Olympic synchronized dancers in orange. What she is wearing appears to me like the dress of a ballet dancer (no not a fluffy tutu).

From my recollection, which may be faulty, Palm has a total of five different ads they'll be airing.
    You've got a real phone, now get a real browser.

If these are airing on TV, why in the world are they not somewhere that can be played online? Bandwidth is much cheaper than air time.
    Dude! Your first link just made my browser go bonkers like it was being infected. The infinite loop syndrome with no way to shut it down and multiple windows opening!

Nope, did it on firefox too! Lucky it finally closed. Thought it was a virus site for sure.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    People seem to relate to the iphone more because the commercials helps them 'understand' it better. They always show a "this is email", "this is how you browse the web", "this is how you find a place to eat", etc. People 'understand' how to use essential functions of the phone when the commercial is over. Each different commercial builds upon the last, to show another specific function that will have mass appeal.

Palm's commercials leaves a mystery taste in the back of the mouth. People will still want to know what the Pre does but they don't want to actually put forth the effort to learn about it on their own. They want it spoon fed to them right there in the commercial, which Apple actually does. Palm needs to work on marketing in such a way that shows that people don't need to 'learn' to use the Pre. Everyday common gestures will allow them to use it to its full capacity. You can't make someone want to learn something.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Palm Pre (x2 referb)
    Twitter
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    You've got a real phone, now get a real browser.

If these are airing on TV, why in the world are they not somewhere that can be played online? Bandwidth is much cheaper than air time.
    Honey, I don't even have a real phone YET. I'm just posting in envy. I'm unemployed right now and it's kinda hard to justify the expense considering my unemployment check is sorta needed to cover actual bills.

I figured I've give IE8 a try, but I'm thinking more and more to go back to Firefox. It seemed promising in the beginning, but crap still happens, although less often than previous versions.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Nope, did it on firefox too! Lucky it finally closed. Thought it was a virus site for sure.
    Whew! Glad it wasn't just me. I had to shut down the computer via the surge protector. I did read about a new ActiveX vulnerability they've yet to patch which can be picked up just by being directed to an infected page.

DANG! I just got this computer (it's a refurb turned science project for me; ripping out some old guts from a better equipped puter with a dead processor and putting the parts in this one) and haven't yet installed a virus protector.

(sigh) Hey Norton! We've got an appt. tonight.

Same here, EFF that page.
    sorry for the first link.... I did not have any problems (using Safari) and running Windows 7RC. not sure what is causing the problem but never intended to crash or damage anyone's browser/pc
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast