Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    datz gud, very gud
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    One thing I did notice, I've seen videos of Pre use and they seem to have a short cut to Facebook, ESPN and a couple of other sights. The icons are rather large. My phone doesn't seem to have this. I do a search for Facebook and no shortcut comes up. You have to go through Google search, then to the web. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    One thing I did notice, I've seen videos of Pre use and they seem to have a short cut to Facebook, ESPN and a couple of other sights. The icons are rather large. My phone doesn't seem to have this. I do a search for Facebook and no shortcut comes up. You have to go through Google search, then to the web. Any ideas?
    Just launch your web browser. These are pre-loaded bookmarks (which you can edit/delete/change order).
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I feel soooooo stupid DUH
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Is there a way to change the icons on the bottom of the main screen?
    Is there a way to change the icons on the bottom of the main screen?
    Tap on one of them and hold until the white "halo" appears around it, then drag it to one of the launcher pages. Then do the same with an icon on any launcher page and drag it to any position on the quick launch bar/ribbon. Also, launcher icons can be rearranged in the same way on the same page or from page to page.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend reading this and this.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I'm thinking of getting the Pre. I read the posts and see the love/not so love relationship with the phone. I'm worried about the slider and the screen concerns. I also see that there might be reception issues. I don't want to offend anybody, but can someone give me their thoughts? If I have problems with the slider, do I have to to go through Sprint insurance to get it fixed? Is there a better batch of Pres? Thanks
    Most if not all of the hardware problems have been fixed with the new batch of pres
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I was tryin to do this, now I realize that I needed to have the app page up. I was trying to do this with the reg screen shownin. Just please bear with me, I'm a lil slow
    No prob, firstimer. Hope you're enjoying your Pre!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    When I log into me work email from the web, I need to use the \ key. I found it under SYM and tap it but nothing happens. HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Also it has a 1 year warranty that comes into play for defects
    I believe that in the downloadable manual (because they couldn't fit that behemouth in that tiny box) the warranty actually is only 90 days from Palm. Idk if sprint is doing a 1 year on top of that, but none of my documentation indicates that.

I had to exchange my pre for reception issues, but the one I have now works great. I have not seen any of the issues that seem problematic for others in terms of hardware. My biigest complaint are software issues that will either be taken care of by updates, or by the homebrew section after the warranty expires (no sense in voiding it prematurely in case I run into a real hardware issue.)

I believe that if I was truly concerned about the issues you and others mention, than I might be inclined to wait to buy. If I had it to do over again, that is what I would do differently. In a few months, the software will be updated, and if there are truly persistent manufacturing problems, that will only become more apparent with time.

***i see that you already bought yours. Conrats. I will leave the last paragraph as is for others who may come with a similar quandry. Good luck.
    Last edited by amateurhack; 07/12/2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Touchscreen froze yesturday. Sprint Store gave me a brand new one. They said my pics and apps would restore themselves. Next day, all my apps and ALOT of pics are back on my new PRE. SWEET
    When I log into me work email from the web, I need to use the \ key. I found it under SYM and tap it but nothing happens. HELP
    I seem to recall reading somewhere here on P|C that certain symbols don't work in certain apps, like the browser (clearly a bug). You may want to search for this under bugs. In the meantime, maybe try typing it elsewhere, copying it, and try pasting it and see what happens. Also, definitely report this to Palm.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12