Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    Well, today was the day I had to decide to keep the Pre or not as my 30 days are up. My main issue is the Sprint coverage is lousy where I work, and on my AT&T family plan I had free calling between all handsets. My wife has an iphone, so we need to keep the AT&T plan for at least that.

    I was on the fence about keeping the Pre, and called to cancel. Sprint threw in a free airave femtocell as usual, but also threw in the pick5 option they have on other plans - free calling to and from 5 numbers. This was nice, especially since the numbers don't have to be wireless numbers. So I now have free calling to my AT&T family plan handsets, and the wireline numbers at home and at work, which is 90% of my minute usage.

    I expect the airave will fix the coverage problem at work, and another guy is getting an airave for the office where the coverage also sucks.

    I suspect Sprint really wants to keep new pre customers from leaving, and is pulling out the stops to keep them. Still, it's $12 more for me to keep the Pre on Sprint than to upgrade my BB to an iPhone on AT&T (and share the minutes on that family plan), even after the 25% ACU discount on the service ($52/month).

    In another 6 months the ETF will be around $170, and I may go back to AT&T when the Pre is available then. But for now, it was better to stay with the Pre for me and put up with Sprint than go with a Bold or iPhone on AT&T.

    What did you get from Sprint when you tried to cancel before your 30 days was up?
    Last edited by mikesm; 07/07/2009 at 05:00 PM.
  2. #2  
    had horrible reception issues at home... got an airave for staying on.
  3. akarol's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    #3  
    Hmmm, didn't know they had a MyFaves-like plan. It would be nice indeed, but I don't minutes has been an issue with my family.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Hmmm, didn't know they had a MyFaves-like plan. It would be nice indeed, but I don't minutes has been an issue with my family.
    Yup, only retentions can add that.
  5. #5  
    I just called retentions as well. They added the pick 5 free of charge to my account. They also upgraded my gov. discount to 23% to stay. I had no need for a air rave so I didnt ask for that.
  6. #6  
    I called retentions today after two weeks of dealing with customer service and tech support. Two reps were supposed to call me back about a support ticket, but didnt.

    When I called retentions, I explained my previous issue and my current issue with reps not following up on my problems. Troubleshooting didnt work either.

    The guy I talked to in retentions was very nice and offered me a free Airave. Their map shows fair EV-DO coverage in my area, but that is not the case. My signal constantly switches between EV-DO and 1xRTT, which drains the battery life of my Instinct.

    He offered the Airave after I mentioned I was going to upgrade to a Pre and couldnt handle spotty signal on a phone like that.
  7. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Well, today was the day I had to decide to keep the Pre or not as my 30 days are up. My main issue is the Sprint coverage is lousy where I work, and on my AT&T family plan I had free calling between all handsets. My wife has an iphone, so we need to keep the AT&T plan for at least that.

    I was on the fence about keeping the Pre, and called to cancel. Sprint threw in a free airave femtocell as usual, but also threw in the pick5 option they have on other plans - free calling to and from 5 numbers. This was nice, especially since the numbers don't have to be wireless numbers. So I now have free calling to my AT&T family plan handsets, and the wireline numbers at home and at work, which is 90% of my minute usage.

    I expect the airave will fix the coverage problem at work, and another guy is getting an airave for the office where the coverage also sucks.

    I suspect Sprint really wants to keep new pre customers from leaving, and is pulling out the stops to keep them. Still, it's $12 more for me to keep the Pre on Sprint than to upgrade my BB to an iPhone on AT&T (and share the minutes on that family plan), even after the 25% ACU discount on the service ($52/month).

    In another 6 months the ETF will be around $170, and I may go back to AT&T when the Pre is available then. But for now, it was better to stay with the Pre for me and put up with Sprint than go with a Bold or iPhone on AT&T.

    What did you get from Sprint when you tried to cancel before your 30 days was up?
    Im in the exact same situation as you, got rid of the iPhone (on ATT) for Pre and Sprint, however, Sprint service (both customer and reception) in Seattle is top notch.

    I too have thought about terminating Sprint when the Pre is on ATT, but I actually sorta despise ATT, so I may not. Probably wait for the next high end WebOS device with WiMax

    I got pick5 and N&W at 6pm while trying to get them to compare to an ATT family plan. Everyone I've dealt with at Sprint has given me good customer service, especially the CS reps at UW Seattle Sprint store. Im on my third and (prefect now) Pre with no hassles from them.

    Cheers
  8. tcassio's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #8  
    Sunsparc,
    The Airave will not help with EVDO coverage. It will only affect voice calls not data. If you have a problem with internet than you need to use WiFi to get better internet.
  9. atlanta's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcassio View Post
    Sunsparc,
    The Airave will not help with EVDO coverage. It will only affect voice calls not data. If you have a problem with internet than you need to use WiFi to get better internet.
    Actually it does help with EVDO coverage.
  10. #10  
    actually it doesn't. It's voice coverage only. The airave is voice. The new 3G femtocell, will do both data and voice.

    http://www.slashgear.com/sprint-prom...rvice-0248523/
  11. Fishous's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #11  
    I called to cancel today because I get lousy coverage in my truck, they bought me a new truck!











    L O L - Just Kidding of course! I'm happy with my coverage and hardware, I'm just waiting for some software features to be added.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
  12. #12  
    The airave doesn't address data only voice, but Sprint says they will have a 3g device like the airave later this year but I'm not sure why you might need it if you have WiFi; but I'm sure there are some reasons like in an office or something.

    I work in Baltimore and was hoping that Sprint's 4G (WiMax) coverage here would help my Pre even further; but unfortunately not... just great 3G coverage.
  13. #13  
    The two times I've called retentions about an Airave, they've said they can't do anything for me because I'm a new customer that hasn't paid a bill (it's not due for a few more days) and they can't give free things to people within the 30 day window.

    For those of you who have gotten an Airave or Pick5 (or both), had you already paid your first bill even though you were within the 30 day window?
  14. Delta-9's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #14  
    I called retentions myself. My 30 days is up in 3 or 4 days, not sure which is the official date.

    I will be calling again now that I am closer to my 30 day window. I still get sporadic coverage at home.
  15. #15  
    I just got Pick 5 added to my account...missed this option the most from T-Mobile.

    1. Does anybody know when this goes into effect?
    2. How often can we change these numbers?
    3. How will these changes look on my Sprint online account? Does it fall under Mobile-to-Mobile, or still under anytime minutes but credited at the end of the cycle?
    Last edited by PalmOD; 07/08/2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo
  16. #16  
    If you make changes to pick 5, it goes into effect the next cycle..not immediately.
  17. #17  
    i just called to cancell because i get no coverage and was offered a free airwave and they waived the $4.99 fee a month. so im happy
  18. #18  
    The pick 5 does go into effect immediately. I'm still within my 30 day period and as soon as I got off the phone with retentions it was listed under additional services online. It read pick 5 unlimited. Retentions rep said I would be able to use my pick 5 immediately. To add or change numbers they said I would have to call CS or retentions.
  19. #19  
    I attached a couple screen shots of my Plan Details and Usage Details. For those who have had Pick 5 added to your account for awhile, do your account pages look similar to mine? Is "Mobile-2-Home" the same as Pick 5?



  20. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    I just got Pick 5 added to my account...missed this option the most from T-Mobile.

    1. Does anybody know when this goes into effect?
    2. How often can we change these numbers?
    3. How will these changes look on my Sprint online account? It it fall under Mobile-to-Mobile, or still under anytime minutes but credited at the end of the cycle?
    My pick5 was immediate. Log into your account and check, they will be listed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions