Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    the first day i got it the battery wasnt that bad. Now its just sucking it up. i havent had it off the charger for more then 4 hours and it was down to 30% from 100% today. it does seem to charge faster though then when i first charged it
    Last edited by jongo; 07/07/2009 at 03:25 PM.
    I feel like the same thing has happenend to my phone... But I will be patient and wait for fixes
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    You guys might want to check your settings (email, network, etc). Mine has gotten progressively better since I bought it.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    My email i put check manually and it checks it every 30 minutes? what with that and i put 24 hours to see if it would fix it but it still says 30 mins till next update
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    So many factors involved in battery life. One of the biggest battery killers is poor signal. If it's constantly switching from EV to 1X or to roaming on another network, it will drain the battery quickly because it's always searching for a signal. This happens to me at work where I work in the basement of a large building.

But other than that, my battery life has gotten continuously better. Even being off the charger for ~16 hours yesterday, making about 30 minutes worth of calls, sending/receiving 60 or so text messages, and doing some web browsing, my battery was still around 50% when I went to bed, and I have my email checking every 15 minutes. I don't think checking email eats up as much battery as everyone thinks.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    My batterylife hasn't changed yet. Started at 100% when I left work yesterday and after an hour of browsing while listening to music on the train ride home I had 53%. Hopfully the next update will take care of this.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    my battery life got better initially but i can't say it has continued to improve. in fact i'd say it has deteriorated a little bit lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    my battery life got better initially but i can't say it has continued to improve. in fact i'd say it has deteriorated a little bit lately.
    Same here, not horrible, but enough to notice-
    My usage is down and initially I saw improvement but as time has passed my device seems to be getting worse battery performance. I'm keeping an eye on it.
    I was previously able to get through a workday and get home with about 40% left. Now, with the same usage patterns, I'm at 20% and its not even 3:30 yet. I've still got a couple days left before my 30 days are up, so do you guys think I should bring it back and ask for another battery?
    been about the same. standby time is what I've expected
    It could be a batter issue. I left for work at 6:30 AM at 100% and now at 2:36PM its down to 74%. I'm usually still above 60% when I get home after 5:30 and then I hit the gym and use my music or Pandora for 40 mins and upon arriving back at home still have about 50%. I can usually make it the full day and have to put it on the Touchstone when I go to bed.
    I have to affirm what the OP and others are saying, and have been wondering the same thing over the past week. All of a sudden I'm losing 25% of the charge within a few hours. This comes after WebOS update 1.0.3, where I was ecstatic to see my phone battery draining very slowly. Is this a problem created with 1.0.4? Definitely not a usage issue or change in usage, and I even changed my email settings to check less often just to see if that would help....no dice.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Granted reception isn't perfect in my office, but with no apps open and only sending/receiving a few txts, I still use 10% per hour. 8 hours of that plus another 10% from listening to music on the way in to work and I am at 0-10% by the time I leave work. 1.03 might have helped some but 1.04 reduced battery life, if anything.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Having poor reception seems to kill the battery.

I'm moving soon, so maybe I should return my Pre before the 30 days. And then I can buy it again up at my new house, and then I can make sure the reception doesn't totally suck.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj27 View Post
    Having poor reception seems to kill the battery.

I'm moving soon, so maybe I should return my Pre before the 30 days. And then I can buy it again up at my new house, and then I can make sure the reception doesn't totally suck.
    I'm also moving soon. When checking out places, I made sure to check my phone. There was a large variation in signal strength over fairly small distances. I never had to do this with any prior Treo/Sprint phones.