Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Do I see another lawsuit coming? lol. I remember getting something in the mail about a lawsuit on Treo600 or was it 650 missing bluetooth capability. Yea like a decade later. That 4g commercial is definitely misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    There is a difference between being 4G-compatible and 4G-capable.
    That's exactly what I was going to say. Any time a TSR or CSR uses the word "compatible", take it with a grain of salt. "Compatibility" simply means it works. It says nothing about how well it works, or about whether or not it can actually take advantage of, or benefit from, the newer technology in any way.

Technically, a horse-drawn buggy is "compatible" with a modern highway, since there's no reason the buggy can't be driven down any roadway in existence. That hardly means the buggy will perform the same as a car, though.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    It's Clear that's in Portland as well. If you look at the transmission sites (usually on telephone type poles) you'll see warnings posted that the transmission energy for that site exceedes FCC allowances for humans. Kind of interesting, isn't it?
    Thanks for the info. I plan on having at least one more kid, and then I may hang around that pole as a form of birth control.
    Oh, and the Pre is and will not be WiMAX compatible. WiMAX and EV-DO/1xRTT are not even the same standard; WiMAX is based on 802.16 whereas EV-DO/1xRTT is based on CDMA2000
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Where's Dan? Has someone emailed him about this yet?

dan@sprint.com

I'm sure he's listening!
    4G or 4.5G.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Yea, when I got my pre on launch day the sprint rep also told me:
    1) EAS contacts and calender would not sync, I'd have to use google
    2) ALL iPhone apps could easily be installed on the Pre, all I had to do was google it!

Clearly Sprint reps are both well informed and brilliant.

lol love the post
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Glad I live in Baltimore, but I still only get 3G speeds on my Pre.....
    x2

No 4g.
    A. Pre has been dissected & DOES NOT have a 4G radio.

B. Misinformed reps are nothing new.

C. OP has like 3 posts total.

D. Case closed. Thread needs closing.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    The Pre is 4G compatible

However, the Pre is not 4G capable

The Pre will run on Sprints 4G network just fine.....it just won't run at 4G speeds.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    The Pre is 4G compatible

The Pre will run on Sprints 4G network just fine.....it just won't run at 4G speeds.
    Exactly! Now shoot this horse already! (Horse being this thread, not a real horse...)
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    The Pre is 4G compatible

no the pre is NOT 4g capable/compatible!!! there is no wi-max radio in the pre at all which equals NO 4G!!!!!!!

I would really like to know where you got your information from????
    The Pre is 4G compatible

No it is not. As I've stated WiMAX and EV-DO/1xRTT are not the same standard, therefore if your phone does not have a WiMAX radio, it will not be compatible with the 4G network.

It doesn't matter. Sprint will continue to run their 3G network side by side with their 4G network for quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    No it is not. As I've stated WiMAX and EV-DO/1xRTT are not the same standard, therefore if your phone does not have a WiMAX radio, it will not be compatible with the 4G network.

It doesn't matter. Sprint will continue to run their 3G network side by side with their 4G network for quite a while.
    Considering the 4G network barely exists I don't think this is an issue. It's funny to me though when reps tell me things that aren't true about what they're trying to sell. I had a guy try to tell me in line for the Pre that they would enable 4G with a firmware update, which I already knew to be false and useless anyways since they don't have 4G anywhere I ever go or probably will go while I own the phone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123