1.    #1  
    Okay, so I was over my buddies house yesterday and the following happened. He has an Iphone and I have a Pre.

On his iphone, he went into his contacts list, and brought up a contact and clicked the share button. This allowed him to share that particular contact via e-mail... He e-mailed it to me, my Pre dinged to notify me of the email and I went into my inbox. There was the attachment. It was an apple attachment... Like a VCF file or something... I clicked on it and it downloaded and I have no clue what happened to it....

Any thoughts? Anyone have experience with this. Could it have broken my PRE? haha. I didn't notice anything wrong with it, but still...
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that was a time released worm virus that apple has designed to take down the competition. You may have weeks,days,or maybe only hours till it is released into your sytem . Its been nice knowing you man. You will be missed by many.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    VCF is a contact file extension. Also known as a vCard. I am sure after 1.0.4 OS update it didn't get saved to the phone in the contact list.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    gsx is pulling your leg. Your Pre opened the contact, realized it was from an Apple and as such, valueless. So it tossed it into the bit bucket.
  5.    #5  
    Ha ha, I knew he was pulling my leg....

Anyways... I figured if it didn;t recognize the file it would just dismiss it. I just wasn't sure if it was stored on the pre somewhere. If it was somewhere hidden and needed to be deleted.

So did it just auto delete I assume?!?
    You'd think it would at least tell you it didn't know what to do with the file. But vcard files are a very common interchange format. I'm surprised the Pre didn't load the info into your contacts.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You'd think it would at least tell you it didn't know what to do with the file. But vcard files are a very common interchange format. I'm surprised the Pre didn't load the info into your contacts.
    meyerweb,

Is that girl on the back on the bike in you avatar wearing pants?
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    If it did save the file you should find it in your Downloads folder, which you can access by connecting the Pre to a computer in USB Drive mode.
    By any chance, did it add the contact to your list?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    If it did save the file you should find it in your Downloads folder, which you can access by connecting the Pre to a computer in USB Drive mode.
    yea check your download folder. I exchanged my phone yest and got a pre with 1.02 software (still didnt update automatically) as I tried to get the translator software installed right after I left the store it was in my download folder but never installed. I think it was taken offline already. oh well.