Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    OK, so I had to wait until 7/1 to get my Pre - thanks to me jumping the gun and getting Instincts (for my wife and I) last summer.. *****! I hated my Instinct almost right out of the gate - and hated myself for getting it. Sprint's ad campaign had me fooled and I spent the remainder of the year pissed I fell for it. I didn't do my research and got stuck with a phone I hated. My wife liked hers though.. because she uses it for some web, text and email.

Anyway, I got pres for my wife and I at Best Buy - and they were nice enough to give me the upgrade for her phone, even though she wasn't eligible until 5/2010.. overall an excellent experience in a brand new Best Buy (Canton, GA - 30 miles north of Atlanta).

When we both upgraded last week - I put my phone through it's paces - and I love it through and through. My wife liked hers fine. The browser wowed her. But, as the week wore on, she kept asking me questions I couldn't answer. Ultimately, she ended up TAKING HERS BACK and keeping her Instinct! I am still a little shocked... but she is happy as a clam!

I guess what she missed the most was the one-touch convenience. She needs to text me? It is right there with one-touch. Go to Facebook? Right there. You get the idea. I found out how to add web bookmarks to the launcher (thanks to the board) - but I guess I am still wondering (for myself, now) if there is a way to add a TEXTING shortcut to the launcher. Does anyone know? I text her a great deal and as it stands right now - I have to either find her name in the TXT app, on the contact list, or just start typing her name in the universal search and click on the SMS icon (which I have missed several times resulting in a unplanned phone call).

Any help would be appreciated! Overall, I love it and can't wait for the new applications any time now!

kitster
    Im not too sure if this would help you or not but why dont you just move your SMS icon away from the phone icon.

Its already about as one touch as it gets, unless I am really missing something here...
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Im not too sure if this would help you or not but why dont you just move your SMS icon away from the phone icon.

Its already about as one touch as it gets, unless I am really missing something here...
    he obviously couldnt answer that question when his wife asked him lol.

I have an instinct now and i for one could not see how you could want to move backwards back to the instinct. I ran out and got an instinct and just qualified for an upgrade too. The instinct is decent phone but was way overhyped and mislead a lot of people like me who were looking for much more in a phone.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    When I saw the posting on the main page, the end was cut off.... I totally thought it said "Love my Pre, wife goes back to Sprint". Only clicked on it to see if they took her back, and how exactly I could do that.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Too funny, I saw the title of this thread from the forum home page and it said. "Love my PRE - Wife goes back". I was thinking you were getting rid of the Wife because of the Pre.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    There are four "one touch" icons at the bottom of the screen (or moved up from the bottom of the screen in the "wave"). These are all "one touch". You could change one of those out and put the messaging icon in it's place.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tm4000m View Post
    When I saw the posting on the main page, the end was cut off.... I totally thought it said "Love my Pre, wife goes back to Sprint". Only clicked on it to see if they took her back, and how exactly I could do that.
    LMAO!
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    I think this whole thread is BS though. The first hint that gave it away was that his wife wasnt in the kitchen making sandwiches.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yeah, I came from an instinct as well.... I cant see how anyone would ever go back to the instinct after the pre personally.. On more than one occasion did I just want to smash that phone into the concrete... It upset me...

But as far as the one touch texting, The instinct has the favorites home page that you can literally add anything that you want to it and just tap it and it immediately went to that page, text, call, ect.... As far as I can tell, the pre cant do it. But I did find this in another thread here that might give you hope.

Maybe they could come up with a way to make a shortcut on the launcher such as the instinct had.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    There are four "one touch" icons at the bottom of the screen (or moved up from the bottom of the screen in the "wave"). These are all "one touch". You could change one of those out and put the messaging icon in it's place.
    I think OP wants an icon that goes directly to messaging his wife, not just the messaging program. OP, I'm I right?
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Lol, I cant post the link... But go to the forums and under webos development, look at the thread called My home screen.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Pretty funny how many people got the same reaction from the front page.

Kept the Pre. Dumped the Wife.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dnezat View Post
    Lol, I cant post the link... But go to the forums and under webos development, look at the thread called My home screen.
    True, he could request the Dev to make a widget to text/call a contact.
    -Polen
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I came from an instinct & while I loved the favorites, i think the texting can be pretty much the same.

For me, it is just easier to launch messaging & find last conversation. For quick web links, touch web & go to bookmark.

Another option that I found useful/similar is to add the contact you text/call the most to launcher.

I just could never go back to that browser. It's night & day. My wife also went to the pre from the instinct & she stayed. She doesnt even use the laptop anymore.
    Don't have my pre yet (9/1 anniversary date approaches) but can't you move a contact card to the launcher and then use the send text option from the contact card?
    Universal search, it's a great feature that I believe is one of the most underused features of WebOS. Just flip open the keyboard and start typing your contact's name name. It'll pop up, hit that SMS icon and you're in the threaded conversation with that contact.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

I realize they are one-touch icons!
    But are you saying I should add the CHAT icon and always have a running conversation with my wife open? I guess that would satisfy what I am sortof asking about.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ah, I didn't realize you could add a contact to the launcher. That would be just fine.

And yes - there were several times I wanted to throw my Instinct as far as I could.. or into a body of water, or a brick wall, or a wood chipper. Three words... "Lightning fast internet". Sheesh.

And, I am keeping my Pre and my wife. Although she prefers her instinct (saying the Pre was 'too cool' for her), she is still awesome to keep around.. plus, without her, I would have to change all the baby diapers!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    if you hated the Instinct, why didn't you return it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kitster View Post
    I realize they are one-touch icons!
    But are you saying I should add the CHAT icon and always have a running conversation with my wife open? I guess that would satisfy what I am sortof asking about.
    No. You can add the Contact to your launcher. Then you can move that contact from the launcer to the quick launch bar. One touch to open the contact.

Unfortunately, you DO have to touch again (the SMS button) to chat with them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast