1.    #1  
    cant use a sound because i get a text every ten minutes, would be annoying as hell.

I dont see any option for vibrate? whats the deal?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    cant use a sound because i get a text every ten minutes, would be annoying as hell.

I dont see any option for vibrate? whats the deal?
    Use the mute switch up top. It will vibrate briefly when receiving a text, E-mail, etc.

Brett
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Go to your messaging app and choose the Preferences & Accounts from the Menu at the top right. Change the second option, "Play Sounds", to off and see if that helps. Should get rid of the sound but I'm not sure about the vibration. I think as long as vibrate is turned on under the System Sounds option in Sounds & Ringtones you should be fine.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Use the mute switch up top. It will vibrate briefly when receiving a text, E-mail, etc.

Brett
    "Briefly" being the key word in this sentence.
    if u wunt it to ring and vibe at the same time...go to sounds and ringtones and at the bottom where it says vibrate put on....this will make it vibrate and make a sound at the same time...but if u want only vibrate...then the top of sounds and ringtones where it says winger switch off-----vibrate---off or on u put on
  6.    #6  
    If i put the switch near the power button on, then will it also only vibrate on calls?

i want calls to have a ringtone and texts to only have vibrate
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    If i put the switch near the power button on, then will it also only vibrate on calls?

i want calls to have a ringtone and texts to only have vibrate
    the ringer switch will vibrate everything....so do wut i told u in my post

edit: by the way i dont think u can make it only vibrate...that feature is available for email but not for sms
    I want it to vibrate and play sound, but not turn on my screen. But I don't think that's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I want it to vibrate and play sound, but not turn on my screen. But I don't think that's possible.
    thats not possible
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    so lets say the phone vibrates and plays a sound, why wouldn't you respond to that text? and if not then why all the notifications? puzzling.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thats not possible
    Oh but that is possible. In the Screen & Lock Preferences, Change Notifications: Show When Locked to OFF. Of course this turns off all notifications from turning the screen on when locked. I find this handy when listening to Pandora or Music app and don't want the screen to turn on every time the song changes.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Contact Rob at Hobbyist and see if he is working on something. I got an email that says...

"First of all - even if you don't still use a Treo, please don't give up on this email list just yet.

I'll be setting up a new system shortly where you can get info that is relevant to the device you use.

On that note, I'm happy to announce that I am working on a couple of applications for the Pre. I have a new app awaiting approval for the iPhone, and I'm working with partners to bring out some apps on Windows Mobile, Android and possibly even Blackberry!

I'll post more details on those as I can."

Dont own a Pre, but I love Butler on the Treo, and what you are looking to do, I can do. This is why I hate to dump my 700p, but it is time, and I have to decide what I want.