1.    #1  
    So I go to log in here, like I do every morning, to laugh at the 2 or 3 threads each morning where someone had to post that they gave up on the pre, or cry and whine about how they are thinking about taking the Pre back.

Now that it's past the 6th are we going to have less of these threads? How sad.
    Im thinking you are right, I also used to notice that things would get progressively worse as the day progressed.
    I chalked it up to being on the east coast.
    Why all the hate? Do you think the people who have had to return multiple Pres did so because they enjoyed the return process? Should people shell out several hundred bucks for faulty hardware, then just suck it up and say nothing? Would that be better for you? I assure you it isn't for them.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Im thinking you are right, I also used to notice that things would get progressively worse as the day progressed.
    I chalked it up to being on the east coast.

I'm in Chicago so I won't ***** about mine and threaten to take it back til noon.

BTW....on Pre #1, purchased 6/5/09 10:15pm. 1 liiiittle red pixel. Other than that....flawless, and lovin it.

bj
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    Why all the hate? Do you think the people who have had to return multiple Pres did so because they enjoyed the return process? Should people shell out several hundred bucks for faulty hardware, then just suck it up and say nothing? Would that be better for you? I assure you it isn't for them.
    No but I don't expect each person that fits that category to feel it necessary to create a whole new thread about their disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    No but I don't expect each person that fits that category to feel it necessary to create a whole new thread about their disappointment.
    You know, you could just ignore them. If you are happy with your phone then find people who are happy as well. No need to get bent out of shape and make a thread mocking people who don't like their phones. You are just asking for it then.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    But you feel the need to create ANOTHER thread b1tching about people b1tching because they spent $200 on a defective product or it didnt suit them. So original.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I have to wonder how many of those threads are actually true: the economy hasn't yet affected the troll and "look at me" sectors.
    Understood. I don't think those that post to just complain are accomplishing anything, other than encouraging others to chime in and complain as well. I posted about returning my Pre, but did so to warn about not paying a restock fee. I had to return my Pre because the EAS is just not ready for business use (at least mine). I'm certainly not done with the phone though - I'm just waiting until EAS is improved enough to be useful to me.
  10.    #10  
    Well I just created this thread to hypocritcally mock useless threads about whining. Yes I admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    Understood. I don't think those that post to just complain are accomplishing anything, other than encouraging others to chime in and complain as well. I posted about returning my Pre, but did so to warn about not paying a restock fee. I had to return my Pre because the EAS is just not ready for business use (at least mine). I'm certainly not done with the phone though - I'm just waiting until EAS is improved enough to be useful to me.
    Well, at least in my book, that type of thing doesn't qualify as whining. There's nothing at all wrong with posting your negative experiences, or offering your opinion even if you don't own the device as far as I'm concenred. But there are more than a few people on here who just spread negativity for the sake of doing it.

I've noticed less of it the past two days, and I believe it's because the mods have taken some action.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Well I just created this thread to hypocritcally mock useless threads about whining. Yes I admit it.
    So by admitting it then you somehow get a free pass on being part of the problem?

Complaining about a product = Discussion about Product
    Complaining about people who complain about a product = Waste of Time

There is so much that can be learned by both the corporations and the consumers when you see a complaint. It brings up important issues that an individual feels and the end result is either a solution or a return. And unless you actually work for the company (which you don't) then it is more beneficial for a consumer to get rid of a product they aren't satisfied with rather than keep it because he was tricked by a superfan into believing that "If you wait 6mo then I guarantee the problem will go away".
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    So by admitting it then you somehow get a free pass on being part of the problem?

Complaining about a product = Discussion about Product
    Complaining about people who complain about a product = Waste of Time

There is so much that can be learned by both the corporations and the consumers when you see a complaint. It brings up important issues that an individual feels and the end result is either a solution or a return. And unless you actually work for the company (which you don't) then it is more beneficial for a consumer to get rid of a product they aren't satisfied with rather than keep it because he was tricked by a superfan into believing that "If you wait 6mo then I guarantee the problem will go away".
    +1000000000

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    And therefore closed.